Old 30-06-2012   #1

LG BH14NS40 vs Pioneer BDR-2207 - Thoughts?

My trusty Plextor DVD burner of 7 years, the excellent PX-740UF, finally bit the dust recently. Figured now was as good a time as any to pick up a Blu-ray burner now that they're in my price range. I've been hearing a lot about two relatively new Blu-ray burners, the LG BH14NS40 and the Pioneer BDR-2207, and was just wondering what the fine folks of the MyCE community think about these two contenders. I can get the former for $79.99 from Fry's right now, or the latter from Amazon for about $90. Thanks for your thoughts!
FalcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012   #2
MyCE Resident

Why dont you read their relevant threads and decide then?

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012   #3

I've certainly been going through the threads and have been picking up a lot of information about each model. I was just curious to hear from people who have particularly strong feelings toward one unit or the other, as it has still been a little tough for me to decide after reading.
FalcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012   #4
MyCE Resident

It all depends on what YOU want to do with them....and which media you want to use for burning...

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012   #5

I just ordered the Pioneer BDR-2207, but am having second thoughts... It hasn't arrived yet but I may return it once it does...

I was actually considering the Lite-On IHBS212 or IHBS312. I also considered the LG too, but was leaning more towards the Lite-On since I currently use the Lite-LH-20A1L DVD-RW and have been more than happy with it's DVD write and scanning performance. Works great on everything from Verbatim to Sony and suprisingly well on the cheaper CMC media too.

The reason I am considering returning the Pioneer is because I am not sure how the Pioneer scans... and if it doesn't scan well then I would have to buy another BD drive to scan, and if I buy another BD drive for scanning I would get a Lite-On drive, and if I'm buying another BD drive I might as well upgrade it to a BD Writer for a few dollars more... see where I'm going with this?

I don't need two BD burners, and think I might be better off going with the Lite-On since I can have a single drive that burns and scans well. My main purpose for the drive is to back up data, so burning fast is not an issue, and I will probably only burn using single layer 25GB discs (verbatim, tdk, falcon, smartblu, etc for the brand).

If anyone has any input about the Lite-On, it would be appreciated. Please share your experience and if you are happy with the drive or not.
assdfgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012   #6

Also, are the Pioneer BD-R drives good or at least decent in scanning? This will decide if return it or not.
Old 28-07-2012   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by assdfgh View Post
Also, are the Pioneer BD-R drives good or at least decent in scanning? This will decide if return it or not.

I found my answer and it doesn't look good

http://club.myce.com/f96/pioneer-bdr...y-scan-322505/

http://club.myce.com/f61/pioneer-bdr-207dbk-328157/

Hope this info can help others...
Old 27-08-2012   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by assdfgh View Post
I found my answer and it doesn't look good

http://club.myce.com/f96/pioneer-bdr...y-scan-322505/

http://club.myce.com/f61/pioneer-bdr-207dbk-328157/

Hope this info can help others...

Just wondering whether you kept the Pioneer and if so, how do you like it?
b1oo is offline   Reply With Quote