Old 01-08-2006   #1
New on Forum

DVD-ROM not working with Daemon Tools

Hi,
I have had daemon running on my two systems for quite a long time...ever since installing it on each, my DVD-ROM on both hasnt been working. The DVD-ROM is the top drive on both systems. A couple days ago I reformatted one pc which had this issue and after the reformat the DVD-ROM drive worked fine. Sadly, on the other computer I have, reformatting has to be the VERY last option...i really cannot do it. I have tried the windows page where you delete some of the optical drive drivers via the registry here :http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320553
yet it did not help. The thing about this whichis odd is that It is showing BOTH the DVD-ROM drive (which is NOT working) and my CD-RW Drive (which is working) in my computer... it also is showing both drivers in the device managar AND bios. The thing that is happening is that i insert a disc into the DVD-ROM drive and it does not autoplay...when i try to access it through My Computer it says " Please insert a disc into D:" , even though a disc is already in.

The system specs are below:
2.4 GHZ P4
512 MB RAM
80 GB Hard Drive
DVD-ROM Drive ( NOT WORKING )
CD-RW Drive ( WORKING )

Please could someone help me get this issue resolved...I uninstalled daemon after unmounting everything and disabling all drives and i would like this DVD-ROM fixed ASAP!
bsommer109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: DVD-ROM not working with Daemon Tools

Uninstall Daemon Tools!

What would be easier?

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #3
New on Forum

it is already uninstalled yet the drive still does not auto play and doesnt work...on my other pc i tried uninstalling to solve the problem and when i did, my DVD-ROM wasnt even shown in My Computer. Luckly, after uninstalling daemon tools, my DVD-ROM on this pc is still down in My Computer.
Old 04-08-2006   #4
New on Forum

does anyone know a solution?
Old 02-03-2009   #5
New on Forum

i have the absolutely same problem
moshlev93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #6
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshlev93 View Post
i have the absolutely same problem
Then just read post 2.

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote