Old 12-04-2009   #1
New on Forum

CD-R wont play in car stereo

Okay, my friend just got a car. I think its an 2000 Acura Integra, her stereo is stock-so its pretty shitty. I burned 2 cds for her, the first one was an audio cd. I made sure that i was coz she later told me it didnt work and i thought it was because i burned a wrong format. I checked and everything was in place, i checked the audio cd format and everything seemed to be fine. I use iTunes by the way, to burn all my cds. So i burned another cd and changed it to mp3 format. That also did not play. I wondered if it was the CD player in her car that was defective so i put in a authentic audio CD, bought from a store and everything. It worked perfectly fine.

What am i doing wrong? Because an authentic CD plays but my CD-R's dont. I set it to audio CD format so it should work.

Is it the format or the software im using?

any help would be awesome.
FLiPPy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #2
New on Forum

Re: CD-R wont play in car stereo

Probably doing nothing wrong FLiPPy.
Some car audio just doesn't play recorded media.
Though iTunes/MP3's are possibly not suitable anyway.
Just create a standard audio disc and try that.
Lacky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #3
MyCE Resident

@ FliPPy,

Welcome to the Forum.

Are you certain that you are using known proven high quality error free Media? Automotive CD playback devises are known to be extremely ‘Media’ picky are require the use of known proven high quality error free Media. Also many Automotive CD playback devises are not capable of MP3 payback. Perhaps it would be beneficial to consult the 2000 Acura Integra ‘Stereo’ owner’s manual to definitively determine what type of ‘CD’ Media the device is actually capable of playing.

Also it should be noted that the Apple iTune Software Program is notoriously noted as being an extremely buggy error prone software program.

Suggest obtaining one of the known proven stable error free CD/DVD Burning Software Programs listed in the CDFreaks General Software Forum “Free Downloads” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f3/free-dow...welcome-128075) and use known proven high quality error free Media such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim which consistently produces quality error free results and then produce a Red Book compliant CDDA (Compact Disc Digital Audio) Audio CD Disc and see if it works in your ‘Friends’ 2000 Acura Integra ‘Stereo’.

Regards,
bjkg
bjkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #4
Senior Moderator

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkg View Post
Are you certain that you are using known proven high quality error free Media? Automotive CD playback devises are known to be extremely ‘Media’ picky are require the use of known proven high quality error free Media.
It depends. The Blaupunkt 10x CD changer I bought 10 years ago played anything I threw in (provided it was CDDA)
Another issue might be a worn or dirty lens unit.
Quote:
Perhaps it would be beneficial to consult the 2000 Acura Integra ‘Stereo’ owner’s manual to definitively determine what type of ‘CD’ Media the device is actually capable of playing.
Excellent idea
Quote:
Also it should be noted that the Apple iTune Software Program is notoriously noted as being an extremely buggy error prone software program.

Quote:
Suggest obtaining one of the known proven stable error free CD/DVD Burning Software Programs
There is no such thing like proven stable error free software. But there is lot of software that is better than iCrap or WMP
Quote:
use known proven high quality error free Media such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim
Hmm. Verbatim sells blank CD-R from various sources.
Quote:
which consistently produces quality error free results
I beg to differ here. With a player that has lots of troubles with CD-R discs (perhaps since it was not designed to handle these), I'd recommend blank media with a high reflectivity, like Ritek or CMC. These are not considered as top notch media, but unlike TY, these work in my extremely picky JVC UX-T1.
And, what also matters, is the burner that is used. From my own experience with the aforementioned player: forget Liteon, Samsung is borderline, Pioneer and Optiarc 720x series drives do work.

Michael
mciahel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #5
MyCE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mciahel View Post

I'd recommend blank media with a high reflectivity, like Ritek or CMC. These are not considered as top notch media, but unlike TY, these work in my extremely picky JVC UX-T1.
And, what also matters, is the burner that is used. From my own experience with the aforementioned player: forget Liteon, Samsung is borderline, Pioneer and Optiarc 720x series drives do work.

Michael
This is a good observation, the stereo in an 2000 Integra is made by matsushita/Panasonic. It can play CD-R's but not CD-RW's and cannot play mp3 discs. It will not work with discs recorded with lite-on or LG for some reason. Plextor/Pioneer/NEC/Benq/Samsung/Teac will do just fine. Also try the cd's with the bluish tint, they seem to work exceptionally good independent of the burner.
Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.
Samsung SH-S182D, SH-S182M(Lightscribe), Plextor 740(Benq DW 1640), Plextor 716AL 1.02(Slot Load), Teac DV-W58E (Dell), LG U10N 1.05 (Thinkpad 9.5"), NEC ND-3550A, Pioneer DVR-105 A05, 111 1.19, DVR-112, A07Xl 1.22, Benq DW1655 LS BCIB, Liteon 20A1p KL0P, Matsushita SW-9587S, NU DDW-081SS, Magicspin DVDRW-1016IM, ASUS 1608P3S 1.24, LG H10N JL11, PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8631 GD30, Sony DDU1615 FDS3, Sony CRX 217E, Mitsumi CRMC - FX320S, Mitsumi CRMC - FX400C3 (4X IBM CD Rom Drive), Samsung DVD/CD-RW SM-308B, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-C2502
zerocool_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009   #6
New on Forum

Hey guys

u had awesome suggestions but my friend doesnt want to invest in a new stereo. So im suggesting a cassette adapter and use a cd player.

really guys- appericiate all ur suggestions.
FLiPPy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009   #7
MyCE Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLiPPy View Post
Hey guys
u had awesome suggestions but my friend doesnt want to invest in a new stereo. So im suggesting a cassette adapter and use a cd player.
That's an interesing reply seen as no one even suggested that she needs a new stereo. Looking at the replies it seems that the general consensus is that you should try :

1. Better (CD-R) media.
2. Better burning software (nero if you've got it, or either burrrn or cdburnxp if you want freeware.)
3. Perhaps try burning one on a different model burner.
uart is offline   Reply With Quote