Old 04-01-2009   #1
New on Forum

Car 2DIN DVD Player firmware editor

Hello everyone,
I'm new here, and I signed up to learn from the best...
I have 20 car 2DIN touch screen DVD players, with bluetooth, GPS, USB, SD card reader (chinese made)
and I want to change the background image of the menus.
I tried to contact the seller but her gave me a set of files, each one for a specific car (such as 1 for toyota, 1 for ford, 1 for mitsubishi, ...etc.) and this file is "zhdvdrom.bin... 1.29 MB" and it has to be uploaded by storage device such as USB flash disk (no uploader or sortware needed).
Is there any program that I can "tweak" or "edit" this zhdvdrom.bin file?
I tried some bin editor programs, but I did't understand anything from the "0" and "1" crap
ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED
kanawati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009   #2
New on Forum

Re: Car 2DIN DVD Player firmware editor

Hi Kanawati,
I joined after reading your post. I've wanted to do the same thing and have been searching for quite some time for the firmware but haven't found any. I contacted 3 places in China but they all said they could not help me. I have a 7" 2din /AM/FM/dvd/gps/usb/sd/TV. I would like to see what type of units you have and compare it to mine. I would also like a copy of the firmware files if possible. Maybe I can find a program for editing the .bin file. Thanks.
nanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009   #3
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanner View Post
Hi Kanawati,
I joined after reading your post. I've wanted to do the same thing and have been searching for quite some time for the firmware but haven't found any. I contacted 3 places in China but they all said they could not help me. I have a 7" 2din /AM/FM/dvd/gps/usb/sd/TV. I would like to see what type of units you have and compare it to mine. I would also like a copy of the firmware files if possible. Maybe I can find a program for editing the .bin file. Thanks.
the same as you have
Old 20-01-2009   #4
New on Forum

Were you able to update your menus? This is the one that I have. Exact button setup and radio menu.
Old 20-01-2009   #5
New on Forum

I forgot to include the link. This is the one I have.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/7-inch-...9-_p24446.html
Old 23-01-2009   #6
New on Forum

Kanawati,
Have you done any work with the 2DIN dvd? Can you upload those files or send them to me? Thanks.
Old 24-01-2009   #7
New on Forum

Quote:
Kanawati,
Have you done any work with the 2DIN dvd? Can you upload those files or send them to me? Thanks.
I saw the link you posted, and yours is almost like mine.
What files are you talking about? you mean the firmware?
you can have it from http://rapidshare.com/files/188567710/zhdvdrom.rar.html
and if you like to try uploading it, DO NOT change the name
Old 24-01-2009   #8
New on Forum

kanawati,
Thank you for the link. You mentioned that you also received some car branded files, do you happen to have a Nissan one? I would like to get it if you do. Did you receive any instructions on how to load the firmware to the unit? I would like the instructions if you have them. Were you able to open the bin file for editing? Were you able to extract any menu images? There was someone at the GPSPassion forum who wanted to do the same thing and seemed to have opened the bin file and created some new menu images. He hasn't posted in a very long time. Here is a link. http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/t...8&whichpage=11 The old menus be posted are exactly like mine. Thanks.
Old 24-01-2009   #9
New on Forum

Quote:
kanawati,
Thank you for the link. You mentioned that you also received some car branded files, do you happen to have a Nissan one? I would like to get it if you do. Did you receive any instructions on how to load the firmware to the unit? I would like the instructions if you have them. Were you able to open the bin file for editing? Were you able to extract any menu images? There was someone at the GPSPassion forum who wanted to do the same thing and seemed to have opened the bin file and created some new menu images. He hasn't posted in a very long time. Here is a link. http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/t...8&whichpage=11 The old menus be posted are exactly like mine. Thanks.
I do have it but can't remember where I put it, sorry.
As for the instrucion to upload, simply put it ALONE on the root or any USB storage device, connect it to the player, and switch the player ON, wait a few minutes, and do not remove the USB device until upload is complete... That's what I've been told
Old 27-01-2009   #10
New on Forum

Hi all
i'm ART i want to add language and change font in CAR DVD from china also
can you give me some detail
artootra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009   #11
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by artootra View Post
Hi all
i'm ART i want to add language and change font in CAR DVD from china also
can you give me some detail
Hi ART,
I haven't made much progress but from what I've read, there is a dvdrom.bin file that is the firmware for your system. It can be extracted and edited allowing you to update the menu images used on your system. It then needs to be reflashed back to the system. The link I have in a previous post has more info but the poster (Powertech) never responded to any requests on the forum. Do you have a link to the exact dvd unit you have?
Old 04-03-2009   #12
New on Forum

I have purchased a 2din 7inch DVD GPS system from ebay uk from some seller at Hong Kong, When I got the system installed it worked fine once but after that the navigation menu gets stuck and does not show any option thereafter, I asked the seller for the firmware so that I may reinstall it, But of no avail. Can U Guys help me !!
Attached Images

mikkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009   #13
New on Forum

Hi every body in This board
I'm ART from Thailand i think we should post msn or e-mail for response in How to develope china car dvd such as language and screen
i think it develope by using sunplus chip set
if you have any idea pls share
my contact
msn/ e-mail a_wattanakorn@hotmail.com
skype aitiponw

BGRD
Art
artootra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009   #14
New on Forum

hi, evrybody
i develop a little software for car dvd firmware editing if you want you can check my link at
http://powerdns.homeip.net/
best regards
PowerTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanawati View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm new here, and I signed up to learn from the best...
I have 20 car 2DIN touch screen DVD players, with bluetooth, GPS, USB, SD card reader (chinese made)
and I want to change the background image of the menus.
I tried to contact the seller but her gave me a set of files, each one for a specific car (such as 1 for toyota, 1 for ford, 1 for mitsubishi, ...etc.) and this file is "zhdvdrom.bin... 1.29 MB" and it has to be uploaded by storage device such as USB flash disk (no uploader or sortware needed).
Is there any program that I can "tweak" or "edit" this zhdvdrom.bin file?
I tried some bin editor programs, but I did't understand anything from the "0" and "1" crap
ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED

Hi friend... I have a chinese DVD unit for my car and i had the same problem... i have a Ford Fiesta and i lost the Ford logo on startup. When i asked the seller to send me the file needed he sent me a DVDROM.BIN file. I putted this file on a usb and i got it on the usb slot of the DVD unit. I took a message '' Updating.. do not switch off the unit...'' When the Update finished i saw a SKODA logo and my DVD unit is not recognising any DVD or CD now!!! Please help!!!!! I need the FORD DVDROM.BIN!!! I would appreciate if you could please help me on this. I also asked the seller of this unit to help me but i had no responce yet!!! PLEASE HELP!!
decibel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011   #16
Senior Moderator

Hi and Welcome!

spank your vendor and let him fix what he had broken.

Michael
mciahel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011   #17

Hi!
I have been hunting these files and the firmware to these DVD's for a while.
Is it possible to have a copy?
I need to change the flash in my DVD and needs to download the firmware.
/Wiken
wiken is offline   Reply With Quote