Old 13-06-2008   #1
New on Forum

Burning HD content from HD DVR

I have HD content that i have recorded on my HD DVR and i want to burn it. I have an DVD burner but it will not burn in HD Quality. Is there a set top HD DVD burner out there for sale?. If not how can i get my HD content off my HD DVR in HD quality?

THANK YOU
JOHN
keepithd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008   #2
Senior Moderator & Editor

Re: Burning HD content from HD DVR

Moved to High Definition section of CD Freaks.
imkidd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008   #3
Retired Senior Administrator and Review Coordinator USA

Re: Burning HD content from HD DVR

Welcome to the forum keepithd, sorry for the late respond.

Recorded programs from HD DVR are usually in MPEG-2 format and if you can grab that into your PC you can use a software to "convert" it to Blu-ray, DVD, WMV, AVI, DIVX etc, then you can burn it to Blu-ray disc or DVD disc.

DVD blank disc is just a medium, similar to Blu-ray blank disc so you if the converted content fits in a DVD, you can burn your hidef content to DVD. However watching a blu-ray content in a DVD disc is a different story, you can not watch blu-ray content in dvd on your standalone dvd player but you can watch it on your PC's DVD reader/burner if you have the right playback software for example PowerDVD Ultra.

Join CDFreaks Distributed Computing Team, have fun while helping to save some lives!

My review PC & Specs & Media
Blu-ray to DVD guide

Forum Rules | Blu-ray UDF Driver
BenQ/Philips FAQ and tools: BQFlasher, MCSE, WOPC Tool, WinDWFlash

LG BE06LU11 Blu-ray | LG GGW-H10N Blu-ray/HD-DVD | LG GBW-H10N Blu-ray | Panasonic SW-5582 Blu-ray
zevia is offline   Reply With Quote