Old 06-02-2008   #1
CD Freaks Rookie

Why does no one use Burrrn?

I haven't been to the forum for awhile. I stopped coming around when DVD burners took over Cd burners. I still burn CDs and wanted to see what's up and I don't see anyone using or discussing Audio CD burning much. I love the EAC and Burrrn interface and would like to know if anyone else uses this simple and effective software?
Old 06-02-2008   #2
MyCE Resident Old Fart

Location: Diehard Old CDFreak Lurking In The Back Of Your Mind
Re: Why does no one use Burrrn?

Yo hellenback-

I've been using EAC for years - and there are frequent referrrences - across the forums - both to it and Burrrn-eh!!

(just type in 'eac' or 'burrrn' in search at the top of the page and see just how many entries there are)

(Y) <- - - (a tribute to *someone*)

Brayden & Lil Burnits Proud Cyber Grampie - 'CERCA, TROVA' - 'NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM'

Work Computer = ZT Systems i7-2600 CPU w/32GB DDR3-1333 G. Skill Ripjaws X RAM/ Win7 Pro-sp1 /Crucial M500 480GB SSD @ SATA3 /Western Digital VelociRaptor 500GB Workstation HDD @ SATA3 /Corsair 650 watt PSU /Pioneer BDR-2207 as BD burner /Lite-On iHBS-112-04 as Reader/Ripper and BD Disc Quality Tester /Dell 27 inch S-IPS monitor w/LED backlight /XFX Radeon HD6870 w/2GB GDDR5RAM /Ashampoo Burning Studio 2012 /DVDFab 9

Burning Computer = HP xw8400 workstation w/ Two Xeon 5160, dual core, 3.0 mhz CPU's w/ 16gb PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM /Win7 Pro-sp1 /Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD /Western Digital Caviar Black 640gb w/64mb cache HDD /Corsair 850 watt psu / Optiarc AD-5280S-CB-PLUS w/v1.Z7 fw as Disc Burner and Disc Quality Tester /Optiarc AD-5280S-CB-PLUS w/v1.Z7 fw as Disc Reader/Ripper /ATi Radeon HD 5770 w/1gb GDDR5 Ram Videocard /HP 24" LCD /Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 /DVDFab 9

On The Shelf: (1) Benq 1640, (1)BenQ 1640 @EW168, Pioneer (2) 115D, (3) Optiarc 7200A, Optiarc 7260A, Asus DRW-24b1ST
bigmike7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #3
Legal Senior Admin

In fact, burrrn is a very popular program amongst our members. However, as it is both easy to use and remarkably effective, very few people have any difficulties with the program and, accordingly, we don't get very many posts about burrrn on our forums.
Old 10-02-2008   #4
CD Freaks Rookie

Hey, thanks for the heads up. I've been spending so much time on the headfi site that I should have known how to best navigate around here! Of course, as with all forums, SEARCH FIRST! Nice to hear that others are using the Burrn software and to touch base with a couple of members. I'll be around more when I get my new computer that will actually have DVD capability!
I'm not looking forward to migrating to Vista! It's too bad MAC doesn't support my favorite software.
Old 11-02-2008   #5
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philamber View Post
In fact, burrrn is a very popular program amongst our members. However, as it is both easy to use and remarkably effective, very few people have any difficulties with the program and, accordingly, we don't get very many posts about burrrn on our forums.
Yep

Burrrn is my software of choice for burning audio discs from music files. Can't beat it IMO. I've even got my mum using it!

How to delete your upper and lower filters : How to check/enable DMA by Womble

Click here to join MyCE.com and be part of our friendly community!

Smile...people will wonder what you're up to
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #6
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions

I use it also. It happens to be very popular here, I know of many members that love it.
My Computer specs are HERE Take a look New rig
Want to Know Your IP Address HERE

TELL A LIE ONCE AND ALL YOUR TRUTHS BECOME QUESTIONABLE
alan1476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008   #7
New on Forum

Burrrns ia an excellent software though it is free.
I write 90% of my cd's through it.
I hv nero & roxio also but burrrn is very easy & nice.
palesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008   #8
CD Freaks Rookie

Help me out please. I have spent time googling burrrn and cant find it. Would someone please direct me to this software?
thank you

i found express burn, is that the program?
nork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008   #9
MyCE Senior Member

Well, I only use EAC for burning CDs because you can set the write offset correction of your burner while burrrn cannot do it (correct me if I am wrong). For me is important to write offset corrected cds because I can check the written cds with AccurateRip .
juancdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nork View Post
Help me out please. I have spent time googling burrrn and cant find it. Would someone please direct me to this software?
thank you

i found express burn, is that the program?
Here you go, nork: http://www.burrrn.net/

Old 18-02-2008   #11
CD Freaks Rookie

Thanks very much. I dont understand why i couldnt google it, tried many different ways as well. Weird. Of course now i googled it right away, what is going on here, lol.

While i am at it, i have another question. I have always used, lol, audiograbber to convert wav to mp3 and back. I dont even know if audiograbber does batch conversion or not, does it? Either way, could you reccommend a good, free, prog that will batch convert wav to mp3 and back. I need to try and keep it simple because i am building a pc for a friend and he will be doing all this for himself. After i teach him, of course. And i think its likely way past time for me to ditch audiograbber so that you people will stop laffing at me, lol?
Or is burrrn the program you would reccommend to me?
Finally, and this is video editing. I convert movie formats like avi, etc, to dvd. I use winavi and convertxtodvd. I prefer the latter. However, i have been running into donwloads that are mp4 format and i cant get winavi or convertxtodvd to convert mp4. I get 1 of 2 error messages. Either "corrupt file" or "cant convert this format(saomething like that). Is there a plugin for this? And speaking of plugins, if there is do you use a plugin for a specific program or a plugin that windows installs and good for all programs running in windows?
Should i move this question to another section? I am asking quite a few questions here, so thanks for taking the time to help me out. In my defence i do my end by helping in forums where peeps need help with their hardware issues.
Thanks again for your help!

Last edited by nork; 18-02-2008 at 22:20.
Old 18-02-2008   #12

Hey Audiograbber's a good program - I use it to rip files from CD+G (karaoke discs)

CDex will convert .wav to .mp3 IIRC

Old 18-02-2008   #13
CD Freaks Rookie

Hi, Arachne, thanks for the comments and info.
i didnt realize audiograbber it was still in vogue. I figured that since it wasnt supported any longer, and hasnt been supported for years, that there would be much much better progs out there. I still like watching it open up, lol. For some reason, to me, it kinds reminds me of the flintstones, old tv prog.

Does audiograbber do batch conversion from wav to mp3? Its been so long that i dont remember. I think it does, will have to check it out.

Anyway, i hope i can get some answers to the other questions i have asked.
thanks
Old 19-02-2008   #14
CD Freaks Rookie

Thanks for pointing out where the burrrn prog was. Now when i install it i wont have any problems with current burning progs like nero, will I? Sometimes that can happen.