Old 30-09-2005   #1
New on Forum

Problems copying full DVD DL movies

Hey Folks!

So I just invested in a new BTC DVD DL writer, after having less than little luck with the Aopen drive. Everything has been going great with the BTC up until I tried to do a DL backup of one of my movies with no sucess! I've so far tried CloneDVD, which decides the source material is too large! Nero at first wouldn't copy but then when I updated the program it began copying the movies. It said that they had completed with success but when I came to play the movies they wouldn't even get to the menu. With the price of Dual Layers you can imagine my frustration. I thought it might be the media as lots had been sceptical of the dual layer medias out there, but in buying Verbatim disks I had the same results. I'd seen people saying that you could use DVD decreypter to copy first an ISO to the hardrive and then copy this directly to the DVD. In doing this I had complete success, showing me that finally the drive was actually working. The only problem is these ISO's only seem to work on the dual layer drive where I would like to create movies that will work on stand alone dvd players as well.

Anyone have any advice? I really don't understand why I'm having problems with nero.

p.s. Anyone else got the BTC DVD RW 16 x Writer? I've always thought it very odd that the drive is recognised as DVDRW IDE 16x and doesn't actually show it as a BTC drive or show the model of the drive.

Thanks!
Thenexpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Problems copying full DVD DL movies

It could be a booktype problem you've got now. Some standalone players are a bit reluctant to play +R media so you have to set the booktype to DVD-ROM to fool them.

DVD Decrypter can do this at burn time providong the burner supports bitsetting. In Decrypter , there's a little book symbol to the right of the speed setting. Click this & you should be able to set DVD+R DL media to DVD-ROM. I believe that Decrypter remembers this setting.

You may be able to permanently set the BTC to DVD-ROM for all +R sl & dl media but I don't know if this is possible.

Personally, I've not bothered with DL media yet as I'm happy enough with stripped out & compressed copies fitting on single layer media, plus I'm tight with my money.
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #3
New on Forum

Re: Problems copying full DVD DL movies

It doesn't look like my drive supports booktype! It wasn't on the list. Thanks for the tips anyway!

Anyone else got any ideas?
Thenexpro is offline   Reply With Quote