Old 20-09-2004   #101
MyCE Resident

Re: Prassi is back

> Did you try to burn with ONES and your DATASAFE media before erased it (when is recognized normally) ?

Yes I did. I tried an unused DataSafe DVD+RW and ONES will write to it if I have not erased the disc. Once the disc is erased ONES will NOT write to it. I tried adding 1.2Gb of data using the Data Mastering job and ONES will not write to the DVD+RW if it has already been erased.

If you look at the screen of the ERASED DVD+RW, ONES says the free sectors on the disc are 34,497, it should read 2,295,104! So is that why ONES thinks the disc is nearly FULL?

I've since found out that doing a FULL ERASE of the DVD+RW will correctly report 2,295,104 free sectors in ONES. Doing a QUICK ERASE will only report about 34,500 free sectors. So I think the QUICK ERASE is not working with my DataSafe DVD+RW media in ONES. Also, each time I do a QUICK ERASE the free sectors is slightly different each time! RecordNow DX does not have this problem with my DVD+RW.

I have a friend who has some Unbranded DVD-RW and some Verbatim DVD+RW discs so I will try those in ONES and report back.

Thanks for all you help and time favre-fr
Web-Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2004   #102
MyCE Resident

Further testing:

Note, these discs were already ERASED when I borrowed them, so I ERASED them again for testing!

Unbranded (2x) DVD-RW (RITEKW01) - QUICK ERASE OK, Free Sectors = 2,298,496.
However, it took ONES 7 minutes 12 seconds to write just 380MB of data to it at 2x speed using Data Mastering?? RecordNow DX took just 3 Minutes 50 seconds, twice as fast, to record the same data!

Branded (4x) Verbatim DVD+RW (MKM-A02-000) - QUICK ERASE FAILED, Free Sectors = 34,881.
Failed to record 380MB data using Data Mastering, Err:31 Disc full.

Conclusion: ONES misreports Free Sectors on QUICK ERASED DVD+RW discs! I don't want to have to FULL ERASE a DVD+RW each time I want to use it!!
Old 21-09-2004   #103
New on Forum

At least trial software lets me select only TWO recorders:-(
Will I be able to use more (4 in my case) recorders at the same time with commercial version?
priitp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2004   #104
New on Forum

Got an answer from Traxdata about multirecorder support:
"No, ONES support only 2 recorders simultaneous for the same job"

Please put multirecorders on your wishlist.
priitp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004   #105
Prassi Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web-Junkie
Further testing:

Note, these discs were already ERASED when I borrowed them, so I ERASED them again for testing!

Unbranded (2x) DVD-RW (RITEKW01) - QUICK ERASE OK, Free Sectors = 2,298,496.
However, it took ONES 7 minutes 12 seconds to write just 380MB of data to it at 2x speed using Data Mastering?? RecordNow DX took just 3 Minutes 50 seconds, twice as fast, to record the same data!

Branded (4x) Verbatim DVD+RW (MKM-A02-000) - QUICK ERASE FAILED, Free Sectors = 34,881.
Failed to record 380MB data using Data Mastering, Err:31 Disc full.

Conclusion: ONES misreports Free Sectors on QUICK ERASED DVD+RW discs! I don't want to have to FULL ERASE a DVD+RW each time I want to use it!!
Web-junkie,

I don't received yet my Data safe DVD RW,

Thank you for your feedback, we will check the Quick Erase issue and I will back to you soon.

Thanks again

The Team
favre-fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2004   #106
CD Freaks Junior Member

I have previously used a lot of burning apps, alcohol, record max, prassi, cdrwin, nero, dvddecrypter etc etc.

I have never bought any burning software "standalone", but at this cheap price I think this will be my first buy :-)

It is totally kickass.
I burn two images to two diffrent recorder at same time
Clean interface and support every image type.
What more can you wish for?

Oh yeah, one thing, please implement this

* When you put in a cd/dvd in the tray and the program recognize it as a DVD, well, switch to DVD-MODE automatically, so i dont need to switch from CD to DVD all the time.
EsspeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2004   #107
Prassi Team Member

Web-junkie,

I used TX DVD+RW 4x (I’m still waiting my Datasafe Media)

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+RW:SENTINEL-W02-00]
---------------------------------------------------------------
Disc Type : [DVD+RW]
Manufacturer ID : [SENTINEL]
Media Type ID : [W02]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Disc Application Code : [General Purpose]
Recording Speeds : [2.4x - 4x]
Blank Disc Capacity : [Not Supported By Method 2]
---------------------------------------------------------------

1. I used a blank DVD+RW with the Recorder Liteon LDW451S. the disc is recognized perfectly : 2 295 104 block

2. I burned some files

3. Then I performed a Quick Erase of the Disc, using the same recorder : it works. The disc is correctly erased, the size of avaible block is correct.

4. I don’t have the NEC 3500 drive, Only the NEC 1300A with latest firmware.
I tested if there is not a general problem with Nec‘s Drives firmware, so I put the erased disc on my Nec Drive. The avaible Size in block is only 2 289 instead of 2 295 104 !

5. After a Full Erased Mode with the Nec Drive, the DVD+RW, ONES recognized perfectly the DVD+RW disc. Then I burn some files again with the Nec Drive, and done a “quick erase”. The ONES not recognized the right size of block. I put the disc in the Liteon recorder, and ONES recognized perfectly the Disc.

6. I closed ONES then I started on other computer, Nero 6 with the NEC Drive connected, And Nero recognized perfectly the DVD+RW.

7. I check the MMC.dll file from Ahead, Because Nero use this file for NEC drives, and on the NEC section, there is some "exception command". So we actually check what we can do to work correctly with NEC drives.

The Team
Old 23-09-2004   #108
MyCE Resident

Thanks for the detailed report favre-fr, we get the same result with DVD+RW and the NEC.

It does look like the NEC has an issue with ONES, but for now I can erase my DVD+RW discs with RecordNow DX and then use them in ONES.
Old 24-09-2004   #109
MyCE Resident

WRONG! I cant use DVD+RW discs erased in RecordNow or NERO in ONES!

Strangely, If I use CloneCD 5.0.2.2 to Quick Erase the DVD+RW, although CloneCD says the disc is NOT empty it is correctly recognised in ONES??
Old 24-09-2004   #110
CD Freaks Junior Member

Has anyone successfully managed to buy this product?
I downloaded the trial, then press the "buy" button. Im getting transfered to a site that dosent sell the software so I need to contact customer support to get the valid link to buy the soft. (very fast and good customer service by the way)

OK, so now ive filled in all forms, got transfered to some credit card payment screen, entred my details, got confirmation that the proccess was over and OK, i press a link to be transfered somewhere and then I hit a screen says INTERNAL SERVER ERROR 500. And what happends now?
I have no email waiting in my inbox either.

Ill wait a couple of days before I nag customer service again, anyone know what happend after the INTERNAL SERVER ERROR screen? Maybe the order wasent recorded, but the payment was OK it says. Im confused.

I thought maybe I could log in and check my order status, but I cant find anywhere to do that either. Its not very "buy-friendly" this soft :-)
Old 24-09-2004   #111
CD Freaks Junior Member

OK, checked my bank account, the amount is reserved/withdrawn from my account so the payment went thru.. Maybe I must be a little more pationed, maybe they need to confirm the order manually :-) I havent ordred much soft over internet (think this is the first one) so I have no idea how stuff like this works actually :-)
Old 24-09-2004   #112
New on Forum

Did you go through this site...http://shop.traxdata.fr/
I got my confirmation/registration within a hour of ordering. You may want to go ahead and contact them.
Robertbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2004   #113
CD Freaks Junior Member

Yes, thats the place i ordred. No confirmation yet.. I have no rush, the trial goes out in 50 days. Ill try to be a little pationed for once.
Old 24-09-2004   #114
Prassi Team Member

Quote:
WRONG! I cant use DVD+RW discs erased in RecordNow or NERO in ONES!

Strangely, If I use CloneCD 5.0.2.2 to Quick Erase the DVD+RW, although CloneCD says the disc is NOT empty it is correctly recognised in ONES??
Web-junkie

Yes for the moment, the only solution is to perform a full erase with ONES before burn the disc.

We works on this issue.

the Team
Old 24-09-2004   #115
Prassi Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsspeN
Yes, thats the place i ordred. No confirmation yet.. I have no rush, the trial goes out in 50 days. Ill try to be a little pationed for once.
Hi EssPen

You not valid your order on the WebSite.

You have to valid your order, with your Credit card number etc etc
then if the payement is accepted (correct credit card number)
you receive a mail to confirm you the order, the you receive another mail with the link.

Regards
Old 25-09-2004   #116
Prassi Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre-fr
Web-junkie

Yes for the moment, the only solution is to perform a full erase with ONES before burn the disc.

We works on this issue.

the Team

Web-junkie,

We correct the "bug" between ONES and NEC Drives.
We tested with NEC 2500 and NEC 1300.

The New version 2.0.285 if on the Web Site.

Now if you already buy ONES, please send me a Mail with your Order Number to received the update.
Or you can Download the New Demo Version.

Regards
The Team
Old 25-09-2004   #117
MyCE Resident

Still using the Trial Version, just installed the new Trial Version 2.0.285.

Tried Quick Erase on both Verbatim 4x DVD+RW and Datasafe 4x DVD+RW within ONES, correctly identifies empty capacity.

Wrote some data to the same discs using RecordNow, then quick erased the discs in RecordNow and ONES correctly reports empty capacity.

However, discs quick erased in Nero 6.3.1.25 do not report correctly in ONES? Fortunately ONES can correctly erase DVD+RW's now so that's not a major problem.

Lot's of NEC 3500 owners will be happy now favre-fr, thank you very much
Old 25-09-2004   #118
Prassi Team Member

Quote:
Still using the Trial Version, just installed the new Trial Version 2.0.285.

Tried Quick Erase on both Verbatim 4x DVD+RW and Datasafe 4x DVD+RW within ONES, correctly identifies empty capacity.

Wrote some data to the same discs using RecordNow, then quick erased the discs in RecordNow and ONES correctly reports empty capacity.

However, discs quick erased in Nero 6.3.1.25 do not report correctly in ONES? Fortunately ONES can correctly erase DVD+RW's now so that's not a major problem.

Lot's of NEC 3500 owners will be happy now favre-fr, thank you very much
Thank you also very much for your help and your test.

The Team
Old 25-09-2004   #119
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre-fr
Web-junkie,

We correct the "bug" between ONES and NEC Drives.
We tested with NEC 2500 and NEC 1300.

The New version 2.0.285 if on the Web Site.

Now if you already buy ONES, please send me a Mail with your Order Number to received the update.
Or you can Download the New Demo Version.

Regards
The Team
Are you going to post the update to the ones site or will we have to go the email route with all updates?
Robertbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2004   #120
MyCE Resident

Will there be a fix for the speed issue? My burner(Benq 1620) normally reaches 12x(max for the disc brand) at ~50%. With ONES, it barely reaches 12x by the end of the burn.
Old 26-09-2004   #121
CD Freaks Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertbb
Are you going to post the update to the ones site or will we have to go the email route with all updates?
That would be nice...
antonskg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2004   #122
MyCE Resident

@ Robertbb and antonskg: The new demo is available from here: http://www.traxdata.fr/www/pdf/ONES_Trial_Setup.zip

@ DMagic1: Did you time the burn with a watch etc? I thought ONES was recording slow to CD-R media, until I timed a burn in ONES and Nero and found ONES was burning at similar times to Nero, 2:35 for 48x media, ONES just said I finished burning at 22x when Nero said 45x!!

@ favre-fr: I have another problem but with reading burned DVD-R in ONES!

ONES will not correctly report the written capacity of a burned DVD-R disc in my Plextor PX-116A2 DVD-ROM drive, ONES recognises them OK in my NEC 3500? This means I cannot use 'Disc Copy' or 'Extract DiscImage' if I use my Plextor DVD drive as the SOURCE drive, ONES just quits to desktop after pressing the 'Record' or 'Extract' buttons. No error message is displayed, ONES just exits cleanly to desktop.

Nero and RecordNow correctly report the written capacity of DVD-R discs when inserted in my Plextor DVD-ROM and allow copying of discs and images from this drive, so it looks like the problem is with ONES.

I have tried various burned DVD-R media in my Plextor DVD-ROM using ONES, some written on other drives like Lite-On 812S and Plextor PX-708A and ONES will not report the capacity of the disc, always reports 0kb.

Here's what ONES reports when I put a burned DVD-R disc in my Plextor DVD-ROM:

Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.

Here's the same DVD-R in my NEC 3500:

Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.

Can you see if you can replicate this problem please?
Old 26-09-2004   #123
Prassi Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonskg
That would be nice...
Dear All

Well, I will prepare a page for update on monday. The update will works only for the full version and not for the Demo version. So To update Demo Version, Download the new Demo version.

The Team
Old 26-09-2004   #124
MyCE Resident

Quote:
@ DMagic1: Did you time the burn with a watch etc? I thought ONES was recording slow to CD-R media, until I timed a burn in ONES and Nero and found ONES was burning at similar times to Nero, 2:35 for 48x media, ONES just said I finished burning at 22x when Nero said 45x!!
I watched the burn process reported speeds. I also compared the completion times. I've done about 3 burns with ONES and keep getting these times.
RecordNow DX, DiscJuggler, Nero, and Alcohol was about 6:30. ONES was about 7:00.
Old 27-09-2004   #125
MyCE Resident

I forgot to say that using the other driver instead of PzWDM.sys doesn't work. When I try to burn the program just locks up.