Old 29-01-2004   #1
New on Forum

Logical unit communication time-out

Hi all,

Got this message and don't know how to ruled it :
(when trying to burn an image of a CD). Was able to do the job after installing CLONECD (4.3.1.9) for the first time

Logical unit communication time-out (4:0X08:0X01)

I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-106D

Any help would be appreciated!
tarterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2004   #2
New on Forum

I had the same problem. I've got a Dell 8100, and was trying to run windows 98 (dual boot with XP) and an older version of CloneCD (copies everything I have ever thrown at it), but could not get my Pioneer DVR 106 to start a CD-R burn. I too got the "Time-out" error. Spent hours scouring the net with no joy. I did however get the impression from several posts that the problem was IDE controller based. And it made sense. Win 98 was a bit of a mess trying to load on the 8100 (old op sys, newer computer) and with all the loading of dell driver updates, intel chipset driver updates/ide controller updates (for this system that reads 'Intel application Accelerator" (no bus master for this chipset)) I had heard some say that clonecd and IAA weren't a good match, but the 106 didn't work BEFORE I had done all that stuff. ANYWAY, just before I was about to re-load the original Win 98' IDE controller drivers (as one post suggested), I ran a utility that IAA unpacked in the "Intel" folder that is the IAA checker/editor. There I could see all the drives on my system, and their DMA/PIO modes. I noticed that the 106 had been set to DMA Mode 2. Faster is better, right! Well on a WAG I decided to change it to DMA Mode 1. Slower, I belive (I'm no expert on this) but guess what. CloneCD now burns!!! I hope this will bring success to you as well.
sipik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2004   #3
Former Moderator

The most info I found on this is here

The suggestions posted are:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drive Connection
Other devices may be interfering with the CD-R/RW drive. Disconnect all other removable devices, then try recording again. If there is still a problem, try the following.

a. Optimal Hardware Configuration
All hard drives are placed on the Primary IDE, check that the drives are correctly set as master/slave. CD-ROM/CD-R/RW drives are placed on the Secondary IDE, set the recording drive as the "master". If you are using a USB or IEEE devices, disconnect them.

b. Update your chipset
Windows 95/98/ME Users
Right click on [My Computer] and select [Properties] from the menu. Click on [Device Manager], then click to open [Hard Disk Controllers]. You will find: the Primary IDE Channel controller, the Secondary IDE Channel controller and a brand name controller, e.g. Intel, SIS, VIA, etc. The brand name controller is what needs to be updated. Please visit their website to obtain these updates.

Win NT/2000/XP Users
Right click on [My Computer] and select [Properties] from the menu. Click [Device Manager] on the [Hardware] tab, then click to open the [IDE ATA/ATAPI (hard disk) controllers] section. You will find: the Primary IDE Channel controller, Secondary IDE Channel controller, and a brand name controller, e.g. Intel, SIS, VIA, etc. The brand name controller is what needs to be updated. Please visit their website to obtain these updates.

c. Configure Windows
Make sure that your operating system has been fully updated. Visit the Microsoft website to acquire these updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disc
a. Recording errors often occur when the disc is dirty, or has fingerprints or scratches. If an error occurred during test simulation (before actual recording), clean the disc. If you are getting recording errors, try the following.

• Use a different blank, recordable disc.
• Use a different manufacturer's disc.
• Ensure the disc is clean before recording:
- Remove all fingerprints, dirt, and dust from the shiny side of your disc using a nonabrasive cloth with a mild, nonabrasive soap solution.
- Wipe the disc from the center to the edge of the disc.
- Dry the disc completely.

b. Error during file verification
If an error occurred when the files were being verified, record the same files again using a different disc.

c. Read error when copying a disc
When copying a disc, if an error occurred while reading data from the original disc, the original disc may be scratched or dirty.

• Try cleaning the disc.
- Remove all fingerprints, dirt, and dust from the shiny side of your disc using a nonabrasive cloth with a mild, nonabrasive soap solution.
- Wipe the disc from the center to the edge of the disc.
- Dry the disc completely.
• Try using a different source drive.
- To change the drive you use to read your disc, click the Change button when asked to insert a source disc into your drive tray.
- Select the drive you wish to use from the drop-down menu.
- Insert your disc into the new drive.
• Try using copying the disc using one drive as both the source and destination drive.
When you use your recorder to both read and write to your disc, B's Recorder GOLD creates an image file of the entire disc to your hard drive and then copies that temporary file onto your blank disc. This can be helpful if the drive you are using to read your original disc is slow or unreliable.

-
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz running Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Corsair H50 Hydro Cooler CWCH50
Intel BOXDZ77GA70K LGA 1155 Intel Z77 motherboard
Corsair DOMINATOR 16GB (4 x 4GB)
ASUS ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5 GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5
SAMSUNG 840 Pro 512GB Series MZ-7PD512BW
WD Caviar Black 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
WD Caviar Black 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Pioneer BD-RW BDR-206D
when needed...
Lite-On LTR-52246S 6S0F (via USB 2.0 to IDE)
Lite-On JLMS XJ-HD166S DS1C (via USB 2.0 to IDE)
NEC 3500AG 2.TC Quiet (via USB 2.0 to IDE)
Lite-On SOHW 1673S JS07 (via USB 2.0 to IDE)

Found a Solution here helpful? Like the forum's?
Well then, what are you waiting for JOIN NOW!!!
xtacydima is offline   Reply With Quote