Old 19-08-2005   #1
New on Forum

Experts I need help with C&C Generals to play online

hey everyone,,,

I jst bought my command and conquer Generals deluxe edition which includes both Generals and Zero hour.

the proplem is I tried to play it online but when I press on "on-line" inside the game it starts to check for updates and after a while it gives me this msg :-
============================
Cannot connect

unable to establish a connection with command and conquer Generals Zero Hour servers. Please check your internet connection.

I checked and .... guess wht I am connecting to the internet, I guess it dosent see my internet connection for some reason
like when I tried to register and I couldnt, I also tried to press on "check for updates" that appears on the autorun of the game
it try to connect to EA but after a while it also give me this msg:- "cannot connect"

I have a ADSL router its connected to my pc via eathernet card so if anyone could help me plzzz ill be gratefull.
Old 20-08-2005   #2
CD Freaks Junior Member

Re: Experts I need help with C&C Generals to play online

try to disable your firewall or allow your firewall to let C&C update
Old 20-08-2005   #3
New on Forum

I did but nothing happened
Old 21-08-2005   #4
MyCE Resident

Contact the game's customer support, I'm sure their info is in your manual.
Old 23-08-2005   #5
New on Forum

will am just talking poo maybe

but make sure you have read all the doc's this is taken from the readme file located in the Dir/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.9. Firewall Issues:

If you are running a firewall (particularly a NETGEAR solution) and are unable to connect to other players while in the Command & Conquer Generals multiplayer lobby, check the Send Delay box under the Network Options portion of the game's Options menu. If you are still experiencing connection problems, you may want to place your firewall in DMZ mode. (WARNING: Doing so will open your firewall ports to everyone, and this should only be done as a last resort). If you do not know how to configure your firewall settings, consult your firewall documentation or contact your Internet service provider.

If you have made changes to your firewall configuration since the last time that you played Command & Conquer Generals online and are experiencing connection difficulties, click the Refresh NAT box under the Network Options portions of the game's Option menu. It is highly recommended that you click this box every time you change your Internet or firewall settings.

2.10. Firewall/NAT Port Number Info:

The game will need to talk to external servers that use the following port numbers. These ports need to be open in your firewall in order to play on Generals Online:

TCP ports:
80, 6667, 28910, 29900, 29920

UDP ports:
4321, 27900

If your firewall does not allow outgoing packets to open ports to incoming traffic, or you experience problems connecting to other players, you will have to specify which port you want Command & Conquer Generals to use for communicating with other players. To do this, perform the following steps.

Go to your “My Documents” directory, and go to the “Command and Conquer Generals Data” directory. Right click on the options.ini file and choose "Edit."

Look for the "FirewallPortOverride" entry. If you don’t see this entry, add it as a new line. Then assign the port you want to use to the port override entry. After making this change, this entry should look like:

FirewallPortOverride = XXXX

Where XXXX is the port number you have chosen. You will need to open the chosen port in your firewall for communication with players external to your firewall or NAT device. If you use the port override feature, the port you have chosen can not be masqueraded by a NAT device.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

me hopes am not breaking any rules to help you
Old 23-08-2005   #6
New on Forum

i had the same problem as you with age of mythology and i have norton internet securaty if you have norton open it up then go to firewall then on the right hand side there should be a tab saying configure and click the programs tab then it will come up with a list of programs.
you got to enable the game but if it is not there click "add" and select the game
Old 20-06-2006   #7
New on Forum

well i have problem to i try to make an account on generals but it wont make it its says password is incorrect

plz help me my e-mail and msn is leeboy_3@msn.com ty
Old 20-06-2006   #8
Alcohol Support

?

Sorry, but I don't think this has anything to do with Alcohol.
Old 21-06-2006   #9
MyCE Resident

A friend of mine had the same problem. In order to fix the problem he had to open up the ports on his router. If you have a router it may have a built-in firewall you have to configure as well.
Never said too much to speak of
He was off on another plane
The words that he said were a mystery
Nobody's sure he was sane"
'Portrait (He Knew) ' - Kansas
Old 24-06-2006   #10
CD Freaks Junior Member

Just b/c you are connected to the internet, doesn't mean all your internet services are on...

Have you gone in to MSCONFIG and disabled services? And just because you THINK the services you disabled didn't have anything to do with your internet connection, doesn't mean they don't. Try enabling all services and running it.

Good luck!
Old 25-03-2008   #11
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleudragoon View Post
well i have problem to i try to make an account on generals but it wont make it its says password is incorrect

plz help me my e-mail and msn is leeboy_3@msn.com ty
i have that problem too!!! en thats not so cool (i can not online) help my TOO
Old 15-12-2008   #12
New on Forum

I had that problem its nothing to do with ure firewall you have to have an account with Gamespy. and put ure gamespy account details on the login page on C&C Generals. But on mine i try creating an account and it says my password is incorrect. plz email me at crazy.tommy@hotmail.co.uk
Old 15-12-2008   #13
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmez View Post
hey everyone,,,

I jst bought my command and conquer Generals deluxe edition which includes both Generals and Zero hour.

the proplem is I tried to play it online but when I press on "on-line" inside the game it starts to check for updates and after a while it gives me this msg :-
Cannot connect

unable to establish a connection with command and conquer Generals Zero Hour servers. Please check your internet connection.

I checked and .... guess wht I am connecting to the internet, I guess it dosent see my internet connection for some reason
like when I tried to register and I couldnt, I also tried to press on "check for updates" that appears on the autorun of the game
it try to connect to EA but after a while it also give me this msg:- "cannot connect"

I have a ADSL router its connected to my pc via eathernet card so if anyone could help me plzzz ill be gratefull.
lol mine says password incorrect email me at: crazy.tommy@hotmail.co.uk
Old 15-12-2008   #14
Alcohol Support

Nothing to do with Alcohol sorry, try some gaming forum would be your best bet.
Closed Thread