Old 21-05-2003   #1
New on Forum

Copied the matrix game successfully!

I copied the matrix successfully using Philamber's guide and it worked flawlessly. I tried to post a link to it on the Alcohol Software forum and the moderator removed it about 30 seconds after I posted it! Obviously they dont want to help people get working copies of their games. Anyway the copy I made works perfect in all 5 drives I have tried it in. This is the best guide I have ever seen for copying Securerom games and I recommend anyone having problems copying the matrix to read the guide and follow it step by step.
pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2003   #2
CD Freaks Member

nothing to do with burning, but since you have it. One question for you. Is this a single player only game or does it have lan multiplayer also?

Writers:
Lite-On 32123S CDRW
Toshiba SD-R5002 DVD-R
Pioneer DVR-108 DL DVD-R
jackal2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2003   #3
New on Forum

I believe it is only single player.
Old 22-05-2003   #4
CD Freaks Member

congrats to your success

as for me, i used the twinpeak method and it worked fine.
Old 22-05-2003   #5
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by neonspyder
congrats to your success

as for me, i used the twinpeak method and it worked fine.
Me too! The twinpeaks method is great! I used and alcohol mds file and converted it to a bwa file because the bwa builder was not so good. The bwa builder had lots of spikes but the alcohol mds file was a perfectly smooth curve! Easy to do and it works flawlessly in every drive so far. Securerom is offically cracked!
Old 24-05-2003   #6
CloneCD Veteran

Hi,

Success here as well.

1. Used Alcohol 120% to save ImageFile, but as CloneCD image.

2. TwinPeaks to patch the above image with BlindRead's .BWA

3. Burnt patched ImageFile with Alcohol 120%

I forgot to slow down the Alcohol so it burnt as 40x, but plays fine.

Cheerz
LiteOn 1653S
Pioneer DVR-108
KennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2003   #7
Alcohol Software Support

Quote:
I tried to post a link to it on the Alcohol Software forum and the moderator removed it about 30 seconds after I posted it! Obviously they dont want to help people get working copies of their games.
Unlike this informative forum, the Alcohol Support Forum, is there for users of Alcohol software, and is not a general information forum such as Freaks.

It quiet clearly states in the posting rules for the Alcohol Support Forum,

1. No links to outside urls are allowed they will be deleted from your post.

7. You may not advertise or promote Products or Companies unless actively supported and endorsed by Alcohol Soft.

Philamber's guide as good as it is, mentions third party software, and you aslo added links to outside urls... hence the deletion. it had nothing to do with Philamber's guide, which is excelent and also The Matrix can be backed up with Alcohol 120% but like alot of protections it is hardware dependent.

Alot of people have problems just to run the game from the origional CD, in this case that could make it difficult to create a working back-up the reason is posted on Atari's own support page.... and is a fault due to their protection method. this is also mentiond in a news item on the news page of CDFeaks.