Old 14-05-2004   #1
New on Forum

CloneCD says it has no exclusive access to the drive.

Trying to burn an image and CLoneCD 4.3.2.2 says this. ANy help? Had installed but just uninstalled Alcohol 120% and Blindwrite 4.2.5 (but kept the BWA Builder). I also had Daemon Tools installed awhile ago. Could remnants of these programs be keeping CLoneCD from accessing the drive?
nadcraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2004   #2
CDFreaks Resident

Re: CloneCD says it has no exclusive access to the drive.

Disable and close any programs that might be using the drive, like another program or a protection scanner. Also close any windows that might be viewing the contents.

Version 1 is now released! You can get it here.

In it you can learn about SafeDisc, SecuROM and heaps of other protections and learn on how to defeat them. Also you can take a look at some of my various tutorials in it and some frequently asked questions asked. Plus heaps more!
Enjoy!
$CyBeRwIz$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2004   #3
New on Forum

What about the IMAPI burning service under windows services?. Would that have anything to do with it? Should it be enabled or disabled when using CloneCD?
nadcraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004   #4
CD Freaks Senior Member

Hi Nadkraker,

Ya if you have XP, you should probably turn it off. I don't know about CloneCD, but I know some people get problems with some burning apps with it on. CloneCD and pretty much all burning apps don't need the IMAPI service to be on. It's only for burning with XP itself only, alotta people say it's crap anyway, I've never tried it myself.
RoscoeMcGurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004   #5
CDFreaks Resident

If I remember Windows bases it's writing technology from EZ CD Cremator or something. If you're never gonna use it or you think it is causing problems, disable it.

Version 1 is now released! You can get it here.

In it you can learn about SafeDisc, SecuROM and heaps of other protections and learn on how to defeat them. Also you can take a look at some of my various tutorials in it and some frequently asked questions asked. Plus heaps more!
Enjoy!
$CyBeRwIz$ is offline   Reply With Quote