Old 05-05-2003   #1
New on Forum

trying to burn xbox games

I was wondering if someone can help me with burning xbox games??

I have a DVD burner and I am using Nero 5.5.9.9, I don't have any problems with PS2 games. I can burn the xbox games but it only burns 13.6mg. I am just wondering if there is hidden files I don't know about or something I am doing wrong.

If someone knows how to do it please let me know, thank you.

from
ookie

Last edited by ookie; 05-05-2003 at 09:48.
ookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003   #2
CD Freaks Junior Member

did you try any 1:1 program like alcohol or discjuggler...?
Old 05-05-2003   #3
No longer with us

Didn't think you could copy XBox games....but perhaps that perception is no longer valid...

[last topic I could find stating this:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread....=copy+AND+xbox
Da_Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003   #4
Optical storage technical expert

see http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?&threadid=44942

I'm still accepting bets
spath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003   #5
New on Forum

burn xbox games

first get prassi Primo DVD 2.0 and go to http://www.consolecopyworld.com/ they have some good tutorials to get you started
I know you need to copy the disc from the xbox and transfer it to your pc and then burn it prassi
hoped this helped
Dont for get you need a mod chip to do this
Only for you back ups
G00SEISL00SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003   #6
MLS
MyCE Senior Member

XBOX game copying is possible with a chipped xbox as the guy before stated. Just rip to hdd with the xbox, and use XISO to create the image after you ftp the files over from your xbox hdd, and hope that the game is under 4.3 gigs. For more details check here:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/iso-backup-guide.php

/MLS
Toshiba SD-M1712 fw: J004 / Samsung SH-S203B fw: SB04
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
MLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2003   #7
New on Forum

Been There Done That

I have backed up over 40 of xbox games. At first it is a little stressfull, but it is awsome when you get it down. You have to mod your xbox with mod chip. There is a few out there. Do research to see which one you agree with. Get a ftp program. For example flash ftp. Trial software you got to find. Then you need
An evox prog
iso maker of your choice
dvd-r
dvd-r dvd+r disk work good on mine
I connect directly to my xbox from computer so I use cross over cable. I dont like putting games on xbox hard drive, so I always back up on disk. But there is everything you could imagine to do with it. One down fall. You to make a way to disable to your mod chip from xbox to play xbox live. And you cant use backed up games on it. Or last i checked anyway.
Later
Holmes78
Holmes78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2003   #8
YaZ
MyCE Member

Ok first thing.... DO NOT USE XISO!!! What a load of ******* ****!!! It creates truely poor Xbox ISO's and should never been used not even in a blind drunken state.

All you need to do is FTP into the xbox and drag the contents of the D:\ to your PC.

Get ISOCraxtion 3.1 (latest - google for it) and use the non-MS copywritten coded tool to create the xbox format Iso or get hold of GDFimage and use that inconjuction with ISOCraxtion.

There are plenty of other ways to max a DVD backup but I find that the proven method works.

After you have made your image (or multi imaged disc) you can burn it using any burning app. It will burn the ISO in the true xbox format and you should have no problems reading it.
YaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2003   #9
New on Forum

re:

I agree. Craxton is awsome. It creates iso and patch's the .xbe file. I use record now max to backup my image (game).
Old 22-04-2004   #10
New on Forum

XBOX burning

How come my computer says it is going to take 5 days to tranfer the files for Halo to my hard drive so i can burn the game. Is there a way to speed up the process.
Fastbreakmp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2004   #11
New on Forum

rep

What ftp program you using? I use flash fxp. Check your transfer settings.
Old 04-03-2005   #12
New on Forum

Re: burning xbox games

Is there any way to burn an Xbox game and play it directly to the system or do you need to buy a mod chip!
jeffgaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005   #13
bxn
New on Forum

You need am odchip due to media checks and xbe patching. XBE patching modders have cracked but until we get the 2048 bit encryption key used by M$ to sign cds, i doubt we will.
bxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2005   #14
MyCE Resident

Ok Xbox is not a vaild DVD anything it is incryted to not show up in your DVD burner and Xbox disks are nothing like PS2 disks. Ps2 disks are made using DVD so thats why they show up in your drive. You can try hocking you Xbox up to your PC but it is hard.
- 6GB DDR3

My GFX Cards:
- Asus Radeon HD 7790 2GB (Crossfire with same card
)

Click Here To Join ClubCDfreaks
Id33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2005   #15
New on Forum

i tryed Craxton but it doent work for me and i wanted to know what else is there i also tryed xISO nope didnt work wheni tryed burnig halo...and one other thing how do i burn the games the are 6gigs to a DVD.....???
djchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2005   #16
Retired Senior Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchase
i tryed Craxton but it doent work for me and i wanted to know what else is there i also tryed xISO nope didnt work wheni tryed burnig halo...and one other thing how do i burn the games the are 6gigs to a DVD.....???
djchase, please don't crosspost. You already have one other post and your own thread here about this. Please read our rules before you post again!
C0deKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006   #17
New on Forum

a way to BACKUP games can be found @ http://webpages.charter.net/modchipz...pxboxgames.htm
STEEZ2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2006   #18
New on Forum

Re: HOW CAN I SHRINK XBOX GAMES

i downloaded a game but it iz 4.8 gb how do i shrink it
BOX3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2006   #19
MyCE Resident

Re: HOW CAN I SHRINK XBOX GAMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOX3R
i downloaded a game but it iz 4.8 gb how do i shrink it
Please read the forum rules regarding posting. We do not advocate illegal activites, and the method you used to obtain this game seems highly questionable.
brokenbuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2006   #20
New on Forum

For those who don't know, Softmod!!!! For those that do. Sorry.
At the moment, the only way to back up your purchased copy is to ftp to modded xbox and copy those files to local hdd. I use Qwix for ISO cration and Nero for DVD backup. All programs are available in the usual places. If you don't know what those are, try google. Its a beautiful thing.
blue3c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006   #21
New on Forum

dude softmod is the way if u cant get ur hands on a chip to play backups and homebrews, softmod installer deluxe is the way to go its fool proof , u have to not no what a xbox is to even make a mistake,

just use google dont be lazy

here is softmod guide:but i think you should use the one that comes with softmod installer deluxe
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=215055

to downsize ur xbox backup games go here:
http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-232.html

also here:
http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/iso-backup-guide.php
joe000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2006   #22
CD Freaks Member

hey go to http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/ for all your xbox and 360 needs you dont need a modchip as softmods are getting to the point to equvelnt. to backup your games and you can burn them to the hard drive and xbox and the pc will never be reconised HOWEVER you can transfer files via a ftp form then make an iso and burn it BUT sign up for this free website and look for XBOXHQ4LIFE or DJB or FH or fianly gus738
gus738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2006   #23
Sin Binned!

These posts are pathetic!!!
None of you know how to explane sinple steps, use appropreat termenalagy These posts are pathetic!!!
None of you know how to explain procedures, use appropriate terminology, These posts are a compilation of the most ignorant attempts at explaining and answering a very simple question. How to duplicate XBOX games.

All of you bitch about the previous solution when you should be adding tips to better the solution and if you do not know how to compose an intelligent post WELL DON'T.

You can not burn a dvd to your hard drive, you create an image of it.
You do not create a backup of an XBOX game when you want to copy it. You duplicate it. But you create a back up of your system/data.

If you are going to calm that you duplicated an xbox game with such and such a application be prepared to explain in detail how you did it.

Do not bitch about a solution if you can not provide consistent data to prove it.

Use complete words WILL YOU!!!!! Caus if ya dnt u sk mk an ah ota u and me
NOYFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2006   #24
No longer with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOYFB
None of you know how to explane sinple steps, use appropreat termenalagy These posts are pathetic!!!
None of you know how to explain procedures, use appropriate terminology, These posts are a compilation of the most ignorant attempts at explaining and answering a very simple question. How to duplicate XBOX games.

All of you bitch about the previous solution when you should be adding tips to better the solution and if you do not know how to compose an intelligent post WELL DON'T.

You do not create a backup of an XBOX game when you want to copy it. You duplicate it. But you create a back up of your system/data.

If you are going to calm that you duplicated an xbox game with such and such a application be prepared to explain in detail how you did it.

Do not bitch about a solution if you can not provide consistent data to prove it.

You complain about others using incorrect English, but your English is even less clear to me. Furthermore, your attitude is very hostile and disrespectful, not something we tolerate on our forums.

I suggest that you think about your behaviour and report back to me through PM when you have. Until that moment, you are not welcome here.
Da_Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2006   #25
CD Freaks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOYFB

on top of what the admins said , let me correct you

*you CAN burn a dvd to your xbox using the hard drive its just that the stock one does not have enough space , backup /duplication same crap we just want the game inside so its BACKED UP so we can preseve the original from getting damged

* as far as modding it ? simple yep just get a ar kit and the tools from xboxhq.com drag the tools to the ar kit put ar mem card to xbox transfers saves run one of the three games load and fellow the simple steps (less then 3 mins) and reboot xbox modded

AGAIN people if you want TRUE xbox modding visit http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/
gus738 is offline   Reply With Quote