Old 22-02-2009   #1
New on Forum

Burning a MP4 movie to DVD or CD

Sorry for posting all these questions but the MP4 movie files I have are not recognized by most of the players or any burners that are supposed to support this format so I have a problem.

I have some movies to be burnt to CD or DVD (My preference is burn on a DVD/r in VCD or SVCD format to have more space) - My DVD Player can only show VCD format or normal DVD format. It can not display mp4, avi or similar formats.

I tried using Nero, in the list of Nero Mp4 appears to be a recognized format but Nero was unable to burn the MP4. Windows Media Player also can not understand the codec of the Mp4 files I have, but Winamp and some player software can show the movies (Windows Media Player does not). I am not going to watch these movies on the computer so these are not of benefit to me - main reason I am explaining these all is to explain that the movies are not corrupted --- and some players can show and some can not. so it is not a generally known Codec of MP4?

Now, returning back to the main topic I want to ask --- how can I burn these mp4 files directly to DVD or CD without converting them to AVI as it takes ages to wait the conversion of each file. Can anyone suggest me a CD burner that will burn these movies to CD or DVD in VCD format or SVCD format? Will the embedded subtitles directly be burnt on the CD synchronized? and how can I burn more that one movie to a CD or DVD to watch them subsequently? sorry for all the wuestions but I am new to all these and the MP4's does not seem to be burnt easily, at least the ones I have.
75eddie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Burning a MP4 movie to DVD or CD

This will do the conversion to either VCD or SVCD. Select all to MPG from the video options and set your output to whichever you want.

http://www.freewintools.com/
Whappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009   #3
MyCE Member

No disrespect to Whappo, but me personally, I'd use FAVC http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FAVC It will create up to 8 title DVD's with a simple, but very functional menu. Very user friendly.
LouV68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009   #4
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouV68 View Post
No disrespect to Whappo, but me personally, I'd use FAVC http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FAVC It will create up to 8 title DVD's with a simple, but very functional menu. Very user friendly.
I think the OP wants either VCD or SVCD output and as far as I know FAVC, which I also use, only ouputs in DVD format.
Whappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009   #5
MyCE Member

I suppose one option would be to use WinFF to convert the mp4's to mpg and VCDGear to make the VCD.

Convert to...VCD in WinFF. It will create an mpg which you will then feed into VCDGear. I cannot remember if WinFF can batch encode multiple files, or if you'll have to repeat for each file.

Almost forgot. In VCDGear Options/VideoCD tab, deselect Add CD-i Application.

Burn the VCD with burnatonce.

Last edited by LouV68; 22-02-2009 at 06:25.
LouV68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009   #6
New on Forum

Mates,

Thanks to all of you for all your help. It helped a lot.

I wish you all a nice week.
Old 28-02-2009   #7
New on Forum

try using convertX to convert MP4. i use it and it has converted every file ive tried! it converts almost every video format there is..
lroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009   #8
New on Forum

yes!.... 3 days ago I found the ConvertXtoDVD software and it did exactly what I want !...