Old 01-08-2004   #1
New on Forum

'Burn' an ISO to a hard disk

I have a CD image thats over 700MB ish and my writer might not support overburn so im not going to waste a CD in trying. I could write it to DVD but, again, its a bit of a waste.

Is there any software that will allow me to write a CD ISO image to a hard disk? It would be so much easier cos I have access to loads of empty HDDs.

I did search but im not really sure what im looking for so was unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance, cheers guys.

Schiller

Last edited by schiller; 01-08-2004 at 15:52. Reason: Thread posted itself before i finished
schiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004   #2
No longer with us

Re: 'Burn' an ISO to a hard disk

You can mount the image with software like Daemon Tools

You can select Image Recorder in many software (like Nero), through wich it makes an image to your hard disk. But if you already have an image, I don't understand why you would do this (as for images different options and limits may apply).

And an image may be ove 700 MB, but depending which program made the image (you must know this, you created it I assume), there may be additional information stored, that will not be burnt onto CD...So the image may be over 700MB, but the contents burnt to CD may not.
Da_Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004   #3
New on Forum

Re: 'Burn' an ISO to a hard disk

Thanks Taxman, i used Deamon Tools to mount the image.
schiller is offline   Reply With Quote