Old 30-08-2006   #1
New on Forum

Where does Nero store projects

I use Nerovision for editing camcorder video and have a few completed projects which have been burnt on DVD.

I want to keep these projects for possibly making a further copy at some point in time, but my real difficulty is that because these completed projects are about 2 - 4GB each in size I want to transfer them to my external drive to free up the PC's hard disc space, the problem is I cant find where these large Nerovision project files are stored on the PC, as when the mouse is pointed at the Nero icon on each title it only states that its a Nerovision document of approx 7Kb size.

I would really appreciate if anyone has any ideas how to find them, as using the search facility on the PC only came up with the same 7 Kb icons?
JB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #2
CD Freaks Senior Member

Re: Where does Nero store projects

Some of the stuff in in MyDocuments\NeroVision\---

Imported video is where you set up under the more button and configuration.

You might do a search for any large files, maybe you would see something. Or, it just uses the original files and keeps instructions on how they are edited, where they are located, and other information in the smaller files. If you want to confirm it is using the original files, try moving one or changing the name to see if NeroVision can still find it.
Saltgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #3
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltgrass
. Or, it just uses the original files and keeps instructions on how they are edited, where they are located, and other information in the smaller files. If you want to confirm it is using the original files, try moving one or changing the name to see if NeroVision can still find it.
Thank you Saltgrass, I think you are spot on with the "using the original files" comment, as I found out that if I moved a VTS file from the "imported" folder that Nero had made during its loading (importing) of a DVD video that I had made from a Hi-8 tape onto a DVD recorder, and then when I later clicked on the Nero icon associated with the project to further edit it, the message came on stating that the file was no longer valid and all references to it were being deleted, needless to say when (for a test) I replaced the previously moved file back into its previous position in the import folder it still failed.

My motto will be from now on "never to move any folder that has been created by Nero, even although it doesnt have any Nero type distinguishing marks and just looks like any other folder".

Of course that has also answered my question, I was searching for something that doesnt exist, because as you say it uses the original files.
JB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #4
MyCE Resident

If I were you, I would rip my files with DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter in to a directory of my choice and then burn them with Nero Burning ROM, then if you need coyer just burn them from that directory.
TCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009   #5
New on Forum

i have removed nero completely and it still hasnt freed up any significant space ive burnt like 10 movies and its probably used up like 20 or 30 gigs, i cant find any of the stored files anywhere tried some of the other sugestions and nothing??
Old 01-03-2009   #6
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by warofgod23 View Post
i have removed nero completely and it still hasnt freed up any significant space ive burnt like 10 movies and its probably used up like 20 or 30 gigs, i cant find any of the stored files anywhere tried some of the other sugestions and nothing??
Try Start-> Run-> then type in %temp% and look for any Nero related temp files or any large files.
MysticEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009   #7
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by warofgod23 View Post
You can do as MysticEyes says but if you don't remember the files names you created for the movies your just have to use explorer and look folder by folder to find them. Also since you didn't say what format you used for those movies so unless you remember the names it will be a long searching each folder and directory.
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009   #8
Senior Moderator

You could use Windows Explorer's 'Search' and search by 'Size'. That's what I do when I don't know where a movie went.
olyteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009   #9
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcolors View Post
You can do as MysticEyes says but if you don't remember the files names you created for the movies your just have to use explorer and look folder by folder to find them. Also since you didn't say what format you used for those movies so unless you remember the names it will be a long searching each folder and directory.
It's usually Nero Vision which can leave large temp files. They will usually start with NVE.
MysticEyes is offline   Reply With Quote