Old 04-01-2007   #1
New on Forum

Whats the best version of nero to use ?

well i was using nero 6 up untill a few months ago , then i tried nero 7 and the 7.5.0.2 worked perfect , i decided nero 7 was worth buying and so bought me liesence only to upgrade to the latest version and all my .img and .iso burn with errors , me dvd player says disk error and my xbox360 refuses to even play um , ive reinstalled nero 7.5.0.2 but thats a hacked version off a torrent site , why should i revert to a illegal copy when ive got a legal up to date copy which doesnt work proper ??

And more annoying a free program imgburn does a even better job at bloody burning the image , so annoying having to go back wards instead of forwards .

setup pioneer 111d 1.29 firmware
xp pro upto date legal copy
nero latest up to date
the disks when burnt dont even read back in

thanks for looking in
REDBULL2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #2
CD Freaks Senior Member

Re: Whats the best version of nero to use ?

Before you loaded Nero 7 did you run the clean tools for Nero 6?

I might suggest you run the Nero 6 clean tools, and then the Nero 7 clean tools and maybe even the registry and driver remover clean tools and then download 7.5.9.0a and then reinstall. Hopefully you don't have some strange serial number in there.

If you want, prior to all that, see if you have a NeroHistory file you could post. Try to edit it to remove any serial numbers and, if it is large, just include the last couple of burn attempts.

Also, just in case, .iso files are burned using the Recorder-burn image option in Nero Burning ROM. Slower speeds are recommended, like 4x.
Saltgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #3
New on Forum

thanks for ure reply , it was a clean install on a new pc , i bought nero 6 when it first came out and decided against upgrading to nero 7 after reading bad reports about it , i then read on here good reports about 7.5.0.2 so treid that and liked it , i then bought a new pc and also bought from nero.com a serial number and downloaded the new nero 7.5.9.oa , i burnt a image which just came up in the dvd player as disk error , i thought it might be the disk so did anther all at 4x which did the same , i then used imgburn which when placed in my dvd player worked fine and also worked in my xbox 360 , so i then un installed nero and also used the clean tool off there site , searched for nero 7.5.0.2 and could only find the cracked version , i installed that and reburnt the image and it works fine , the 1 thing i did notice is that in the burner info it said overburn not supported yet in the older 7.5.0.2 it says overburn supported ? , when i try to read the disk in dvd decrypter it pops up i/o error , im using a cracked version of 7.5.0.2 now which i dont really see why i have to as i do have a legit serial but there u go lol

ps using a pioneer 111d
verbatim -dvdrs
windows xp
intel p4 2.8
Old 04-01-2007   #4
New on Forum

I have another thread with my own burner problems, but I recently went from Nero 6 to Nero 7 and back to 6 but just now heard about the clean tools, so had not run them before.

I think I want to go to 6.6.1.4 and downloaded that, but . . .

Do I need to download and run ALL the clean tools, there seem to be about 7 of them:

Nero 7 General Clean Tool
Nero 6 General Clean Tool
Nero 6 Registry Checker and Driver Clean Tool
Nero 6 InCD Clean Tool
Nero 5 Clean Tool (guessing I don't need this one)
Nero 6 Clean Tool (as opposed to General Clean Tool above)
Nero Vision Express Clean Tool

If I should run more than one of them, is there a particular order I should run them in?
Tiger-Heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #5
MyCE Resident

Location: Between a rock and a ...bar (usually nearer the bar than the rock)

About a year ago i had similar problems...
To solve them, I ran all the cleaners...not sure if there was a particular order, but check the website again), and then reg cleaners etc (just as Saltgrass suggested)
Then I reinstalled 6.6.0.0 and have had no problems at all since then...so I´m sticking with that.
I think your 6.6.1.4 (6.6.0.14?) should be fine too.
A Lenovo T410 laptop with i5 & 8GB RAM for the road - a cool old workhorse and well worth the money second-hand with a warranty. Numerous external HDDs by Trekstor, Transcend, Toshiba & WD (total about 16TB). ...and a PC with i7-2600k, 16Gb RAM, Crucial M4 128GB SSD & 2 x 2TB HDDs, W10, and two Dell Ultrasharp U2410 monitors. Canon iP4600 & iX4000 printers, Canon 4200F scanner, Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) phone. GoPro Hero camera. Sony RX100 MkIII (ultimate compact camera!), and Canon 5D MkII camera (fav lens is the 17 - 40mm...don´t waste your money on the 16 - 35 which is as good but double the price), Samyang 14mm, Sigma 120 - 400. Assorted mountain and road racing bikes (one is as pink as this font!) , and a slightly scuffed, black, lowered BMW 316i coupé to impress chicks with... Oh, and bars, locks, electrified door handles, alarms, video surveillance...& sometimes a hungry dog hangs out there too. What else?: Feel free to join my fan club on Facebook as "Dean Nixon Photographer" and on Instagram as "instamann" (just add beer...!).Click here to get to Mordor! Get AnyDVD CloneDVD2 CloneCD here, and don´t forget to read The Rules.
deanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #6
New on Forum

Actually, I re-read and Saltgrass did suggest 6 then 7 then the registry cleaners.

I'll try that then.

Thanks!!
Old 05-01-2007   #7
New on Forum

well i tried it and still no joy lol ive posted up a log file of the verify error
Old 05-01-2007   #8
New on Forum

Just to let everyone know, I had slightly better luck.

Ran all cleaners and went back to 6.6.1.4 and successfully burned two DVD+R's last night. 6.6.1.4 has a "Verify Speed" setting and it said the first one had to be at 8X but the second burned at 16X, both from the same HD partition. Said the first one had to do with speed of source data, maybe because of varying file sizes.

Anyway, that may well explain why BackItUp only worked for 3 out of 4 discs.

So I basically need to just use DataDisc instead of BackItUp, but that is okay . . .

Thanks to all on here for the help and I hope RedBull2003 gets his (her?) problems sorted out.