Old 17-09-2006   #1
MyCE Junior Member

what does NMBgMonitor.exe do

I see it is loaded under my current user windows run environment. I like to have windows start as lean as possible but I don't like deleting things that I might want.

Can someone tell me what this does?

Thanks
boe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006   #2
boe
MyCE Junior Member

Re: what does NMBgMonitor.exe do

Sorry - I just noticed NMFirstStart.exe and NMindexStoreSvr.exe - I'm OK with them starting once I need to use Nero but I don't use nero ever time I turn my computer on. If there is a way around this or if they are only used for parts of nero I don't use then I'd be happy to remove them.

Thanks
Old 18-09-2006   #3
MyCE Resident

NMFirstStart.exe is related to Nero Scout that is installed with Nero 7 CD\DVD burning software. This is a non-essential program and may slow down the performance of your computer. You can safely disable it by disabling Nero Scout
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz @ 4.8GHz (Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooling) RAM: 8GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 PC12800 Video Card: EVGA GTX460 1GB Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio Monitor: HP 2711x (27” LED) Audio System: MASSIVE PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 1000W
DVD-RAM: Lite-On iHAS524
DVD-RAM: Lite-On LH-20A1L BL06
Hard Drive (Internal Storage): Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA II File Storage
Hard Drive (Removables): ICY DOCK MB877SK SATA Screw-Less Mobile Rack
Drive #1. 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD Win 8 Professional
Drive #2. 90GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD WIN 7 Ultimate
Drive #3. Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA II WIN XP x64 Professional
Drive #4. Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II Testing
Nemesys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006   #4
boe
MyCE Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesys
NMFirstStart.exe is related to Nero Scout that is installed with Nero 7 CD\DVD burning software. This is a non-essential program and may slow down the performance of your computer. You can safely disable it by disabling Nero Scout
Thanks - I just downloaded Nero7.5 I'll see if there is an easy way to not enable it on startup.
Old 18-09-2006   #5
MyCE Resident

I believe you have the option not to install Nero Scout during the installation.
You might need to uncheck the option for it.
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz @ 4.8GHz (Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooling) RAM: 8GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 PC12800 Video Card: EVGA GTX460 1GB Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio Monitor: HP 2711x (27” LED) Audio System: MASSIVE PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 1000W
DVD-RAM: Lite-On iHAS524
DVD-RAM: Lite-On LH-20A1L BL06
Hard Drive (Internal Storage): Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA II File Storage
Hard Drive (Removables): ICY DOCK MB877SK SATA Screw-Less Mobile Rack
Drive #1. 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD Win 8 Professional
Drive #2. 90GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD WIN 7 Ultimate
Drive #3. Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA II WIN XP x64 Professional
Drive #4. Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II Testing
Nemesys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006   #6
MyCE Rookie

TIP:

To completely remove Nero Scout and to remove the Nero Scout icon in My Computer, do this:

1. click Start button.
2. click Run.
3. enter the below string in the Run dialog and press the OK button.

regsvr32 /u "%commonprogramfiles%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2006   #7
New on Forum

sorry to hijack this thread.

I'm trying to completely remove nero scout and all related processes from my computer, but am having probs.

I did what Ulysses said and also double-clicked on the My Computer icon. Right-clicked on the Nero Scout icon and chose Options. Then unchecked the options for Enable Nero Scout and rebooted. Now when my comp boots I have the following processes running:
nmbgmonitor.exe
nmindexstoresvr.exe
which are part of nero scout. Does anyone know how to prevent these procs from loading when my comp boots?

Thx.
mrhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2006   #8
Senior Moderator, Editor and Guru

Try to go to menu Start and select Run. Type msconfig and go to Startup tab.

See if here there is something related to Nero Scout and uncheck it. Reboot to make changes effective.
geno888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #9
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe
I see it is loaded under my current user windows run environment. I like to have windows start as lean as possible but I don't like deleting things that I might want.

Can someone tell me what this does?

Thanks
Here I had the same problem apeared just after instaltion OS XP, I tried all that you can imagen, finaly i creat a new user & delet the old one this messege never appers any more , good luck
Egyption George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008   #10
New on Forum

First I ran this (Start -> Run):
regsvr32 /u "%commonprogramfiles%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

Then I went to services (Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services) and disabled nmindexstoresvr.exe and stopped the service.

Then I went to regedit (Start -> Run, then type regedit) and went here: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and deleted the string with nmbgmonitor.exe in it.

So now it's clean. Kind of a pain, but much less than the pauses and delays that I had been experiencing.

YMMV
Tom<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
tsmith35 is offline   Reply With Quote