Old 18-01-2004   #1
MyCE Senior Member

Not enough disc space!

I have tried to burn a 700mb .avi to a DVD using NeroVision Express. Before the transcoding begins, Nero tells me that it will take up 3.70gb of a blank DVD - well short of the red line. After 13 hours of the transcoding and burning process a box pops up saying that there isn't enough space on the disc to burn this compilation. Is there a way I can either reduce the quality of the video file so that it will fit on the disc or see exactly how much data it will let me burn.

I am using:

Sony DRU 500A
Ritek DVD+R

Many thanks

Gary
Garybrown02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004   #2
FTC
CD Freaks Member

Gary,

I'm in the same boat. I belive there is a bug somewhere in nerovision because the sum of temp files generated is smaller than 4Gbs, so ther should be enough space in an empty DVD. I'm right now 'burning' to my hard disk, and plan on burning the DVD later on.... will post results.

Regards
FTC
FTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004   #3
MyCE Senior Member

This forum is moderated by Ahead engineers, so I thought there would of been some sort of feedback from them whether it be a solution or even just to let people know that Ahead know about this problem.

Gary
Old 19-01-2004   #4
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by Garybrown02
I have tried to burn a 700mb .avi to a DVD using NeroVision Express. Before the transcoding begins, Nero tells me that it will take up 3.70gb of a blank DVD - well short of the red line. After 13 hours of the transcoding and burning process a box pops up saying that there isn't enough space on the disc to burn this compilation.
Many of us are having this same error "...there isn't enough space on the disc to burn this compilation" when we are well below the disc size limit.

It appears to be an error but SAD that Nero has not made an update or noted anywhere I've found that they have acknowledged a problem.

I am using a Pioneer DVR-A06, Ritex 4x DVD-R and NeroVision Express 2.1.0.4 (the latest version as of this post). I am burning .MPG files which were originally ReplayTV files that I ran through Womble to ensure standard MPG2 file formatting. Frame size is 352x480 NTSC with 48KHz 192Kbps Layer II audio. Nero recognizes the files as a Target Video of 352x480 Half D1 file. I've tried to leave it that way, and have also tried to change it to a 720x480 transcode. No luck either way - same Nero error though the pre-encode meter shows the compilation well below the 4.7gb limit.

I read somewhere that I should uncheck the OVERBURN option in Nero to avoid this type of error, but I did and things were no different. I think the OVERBURN issue is applicable to CD's only and not DVD.

It's VERY frustrating!!!

I have burned the same disc compilation with Sonic MyDVD and Ulead MovieFactory 2 SE and both time had perfect burns.

Which narrows it down to Nero. There appears to be no other explanation.
fullastuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004   #5
FTC
CD Freaks Member

Well,

Making the program write the compilation to a disk folder and burning it later on worked flawlessly.... so until this bug is fixed in the product code, use this workaround.

Regards
FTC
FTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004   #6
MyCE Senior Member

Not sure I know what you mean. Can you talk me through it?
Old 19-01-2004   #7
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by FTC
Well,

Making the program write the compilation to a disk folder and burning it later on worked flawlessly.... so until this bug is fixed in the product code, use this workaround.

Regards
FTC
I don't plan on using the buggy software at all until the fix is generated. But I do appreciate the tip.
Old 19-01-2004   #8
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by Garybrown02
Not sure I know what you mean. Can you talk me through it?
On the last screen called "Burn Options", right before you press the BURN button in NeroVision, you would select "Write to Hard Disk Folder" from the menu in the upper right-hand side of the screen instead of burning direct to disc.
Old 27-02-2005   #9
New on Forum

Re: Not enough disc space!

The error message 'not enough space' when using nero express is referring to space available at the location for the image file, to be created on your hard drive. If you switch to Nero buring rom and look at the location of the image file (.nrg) that is being created before it is burnt to your drive you will find the memory space matches! It seems to point to your 'my documents space.

Alternatively burn 'on the fly' and you won't get the error message.

Hope this helps!
knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005   #10
MyCE Resident Old Fart

Location: Diehard Old CDFreak Lurking In The Back Of Your Mind

Yo-

If you "burn on the fly" you run the possibility of having corrupted or incomplete data in your burn-

Be very careful with this one IMO-

Mike

(Y) <- - - (a tribute to *someone*)

Brayden & Lil Burnits Proud Cyber Grampie - 'CERCA, TROVA' - 'NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM'

Work Computer = ZT Systems i7-2600 CPU w/32GB DDR3-1333 G. Skill Ripjaws X RAM/ Win7 Pro-sp1 /Crucial M500 480GB SSD @ SATA3 /Western Digital VelociRaptor 500GB Workstation HDD @ SATA3 /Corsair 650 watt PSU /Pioneer BDR-2207 as BD burner /Lite-On iHBS-112-04 as Reader/Ripper and BD Disc Quality Tester /Dell 27 inch S-IPS monitor w/LED backlight /XFX Radeon HD6870 w/2GB GDDR5RAM /Ashampoo Burning Studio 2012 /DVDFab 9

Burning Computer = HP xw8400 workstation w/ Two Xeon 5160, dual core, 3.0 mhz CPU's w/ 16gb PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM /Win7 Pro-sp1 /Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD /Western Digital Caviar Black 640gb w/64mb cache HDD /Corsair 850 watt psu / Optiarc AD-5280S-CB-PLUS w/v1.Z7 fw as Disc Burner and Disc Quality Tester /Optiarc AD-5280S-CB-PLUS w/v1.Z7 fw as Disc Reader/Ripper /ATi Radeon HD 5770 w/1gb GDDR5 Ram Videocard /HP 24" LCD /Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 /DVDFab 9

On The Shelf: (1) Benq 1640, (1)BenQ 1640 @EW168, Pioneer (2) 115D, (3) Optiarc 7200A, Optiarc 7260A, Asus DRW-24b1ST
bigmike7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006   #11
New on Forum

I had the same problem - my thread here. I'm using the workaround of saving project to hard drive and burning from there...

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread....00#post1546700

Anyone figure this out?
sticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006   #12
New on Forum

The problem appeared maybe because you used the nero express wizard features or something of the kind. Please visit http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=28777 to find a solution.
myth_yv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006   #13
MyCE Resident

This problem some time surfaced when temp files in temp directory are full and your hard drive badly fragmented, try to delete temp files from directory and defrag you HD.
TCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006   #14
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAS
This problem some time surfaced when temp files in temp directory are full and your hard drive badly fragmented, try to delete temp files from directory and defrag you HD.
The windows temp directory?
sticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006   #15
boe
MyCE Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAS

While this may be one of the issues it isn't the only reason for this bug. I have 200GB free, I clean out my temp directory on a regular basis and run defrag on a regular basis. I still get this error on occasion - very frustrating. I've noticed on some movies it will do this and I can burn a movie of the same length, format (e.g. avi) and size (e.g. 700mb) and it will fail on one and not on another. I think it might be that codec/converter that the original was made with and the converter in Nero. If I reconvert the movie to AVI again using xilisoft, it will then be able to burn that same movie to DVD. This may not be the only cause for the issue but it is my guess for being one of them.
boe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006   #16
New on Forum

Could anyone confirm if my problem is the same, I have a 700MB Disc, burn approx 35 music tracks of about 6mb each and Nero then tells me my disc is full ?
Dunstable Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010   #17

I made an account just to reply to this for future people to read even though this thread was created a long time ago i found a solution that i did not see posted

this has happend to me while creating movies on Nero Vision 7 so i tried many things taking days
and the answer was simple at the starting click create movie and add the avi or whatever you are using then continue to burn and it should work fine
Shadowstep9350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010   #18
MyCE Resident

And that is the reason why you ressurrect an 4 years old thread which software used has been obsolete for some time???

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote