Old 12-05-2007   #1
New on Forum

nero nemp4splitter.ax file conflict with explorer movie thumbnail

I just upgrade my nero to the newest version 7.8.5.0. When I open up a folder which is in movie thumbnail view. The explorer.exe will crash immediately. I checked the crashing detail, it's showing:
AppName: explorer.exe
AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180
ModName: nemp4splitter.ax
ModVer: 4.9.4.1
Offset: 0002a65b

Obviously it's the nemp4splitter.ax file's problem, and I googled it, it's a nero mp4 splitter codec file. To ensure it's the nero's problem, I uninstalled nero and browse the folder. It went back to normal. And then I install nero again, the problem happens again. For sure the file nemp4splitter.ax is conflict with windows explorer. And I also tried back to the old nero version. It works fine. Any one has solution to it? I searched on google, I am not the only one has this problem.

screenshot of what is movie thumbnail
Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.
cpthk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #2
MyCE Rookie

Re: nero nemp4splitter.ax file conflict with explorer movie thumbnail

This Explorer "crash" in XP when viewing folders in thumbnail view used to happen with DivX AVI files in an earlier build of DivX. Although I do not have the problem that you are having my recommendation is to switch the view to list and delete any thumbnail.db files in the applicable folders and then when you switch back to thumbnail view XP should re-build the thumbnail.db file(s) and hopefully that will solve the issue......

Saphire
Chad976zip7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007   #3
New on Forum

It does not happen on every movie thumbnails folder, only some of them. And I do not know why.
Old 14-05-2007   #4
New on Forum

I am having this problem as well. I ended up just deleting the NeMP4Splitter.ax file and now the problem is gone. Stupid nero, this wouldn't be the first time I have seen some kinda issue in regards to nero screwing up thumbnails. The last issue I seen was after installing nero, thumbnails stopped working all together which ended up being due to nero screwing up the ShellEx values in the registry.
DSMKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007   #5
New on Forum

After I tried many various situation. I realized it only happen on when this folder has 1 kind of codec of avi file. It's probably Divx 5.
Old 14-05-2007   #6
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpthk
After I tried many various situation. I realized it only happen on when this folder has 1 kind of codec of avi file. It's probably Divx 5.
Yes I think your right because it would only do this in one of the folders that had like 4 MPGs in it and 1 AVI.
DSMKilla is offline   Reply With Quote