Old 08-08-2005   #1
New on Forum

mount audio .nrg

Hello all fans of Nero,

Is it possible to mount audio image .nrg on linux?
I have tried to convert the file to .iso with 1. nrg2iso; 2. 'dd' and then mount the file.iso with loop option but didn't work. Do you know if this is possible and if yes, how? When I launch Nero and try to burn the .nrg to CD-R disc, it lists the tracks, and it can burn the CD. But if this is possible, why can't mount it?
Thanks a lot for your answer!
wads3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #2
NeroLinux Moderator

Re: mount audio .nrg

It is absolutly not possible to mount an audio CD NRG image. You cannot convert it to ISO (because ISO images only contains a single data track), so using nrg2iso does not help you at all.
mathf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2006   #3
New on Forum

Re: mount audio .nrg

If you would like to just rip the tracks from an .nrg file then there is a solution. I don't know of a Linux program that can read Nero's .nrg file format and extract audio tracks but I do know of a Windows program. It is called MagicISO, which you can find at http://www.magiciso.com.
I have successfully written an audio CD to the CR Image Writer to produce an .nrg file and then used MagicISO to read the .nrg file and extract the audio tracks.

Hope this helps.
pasiphae is offline   Reply With Quote