Old 25-06-2006   #1
CD Freaks Rookie

How to Add Extra Files while Burning an Image File

I want to burn a .cue file using Nero Express, but would like to add a couple of extra files to the burned image's root directory.

I've seen this done before, but don't know how to do it.

Is this a one-step process, or is it more involved ? Can I use Nero, or do I need something like Magic-ISO ?

Thanks in advance,

Billy
Billy Brethren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006   #2
Senior Moderator

Re: How to Add Extra Files while Burning an Image File

First of all you will have two files. Bin and a Cue.

The Bin file contains all the data.
The Cue file contains the instructions for the burn program.

The Answer to your question is Yes. Open the bin file using magiciso and add your info. ( Drag and Drop ). An example. Say the iso was a pc game, and you had a pdf file that has a guide about this game. Open iso via magiciso, drag and drop the pdf file to the appropriate location, save. Now burn the file via the cue.

platinumsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006   #3
CD Freaks Rookie

Thanks for the help.

I have both the .bin and the .cue, and the extra file I want to add. I've opened the bin and "dragged" the extra file from the explorer window in the lower right to the opened image file in the upper right.

Magic ISO says it won't "burn" files larger than 300 Mbyte, so I'll have to get the real version.

But I want to make sure that I followed your directions correctly, and also, what I would rather do is create a modified image file first, before burning it to disk, as I also archive image files to DVD.

Will Magic ISO make a modified image file and if so how?

Thanks again for your help,

Billy
Billy Brethren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006   #4
Senior Moderator

You have to have a image of the original data on your computer first be it a Iso, Bin and Cue etc. MagicIso will create a image of your target source if you need to do that. Once this task is completed then you can open it and manipulate the image and save. Then use nero to burn. If you are archive image files to DVD say more that one then you burn the images to DvD as data. Then when you want to use a specific image you will have to mount the image via a virtual drive. IE Daemon Tools. You can fit as many images as you want until you fill your disk space.

Here is a example.

I have a game Tony Hawk's American Wastelsnd it is four cd's.
I used UltraIso, Created four images ( 4 Iso's )
I have a cheat and walkthrough guide that is in pdf form.
I used UltraIso and opened up each of the 4 Iso's to see which disk had the most space to fit the cheat and walkthrough guide.
I picked the one with the most space. Added my guide. Saved.
Now I turned around and used nero and burn all four images ( Iso's ) to DvD as data.
When I want to play, I use Daemon Tools and mount the images. ( Just like if you were sticking disk in the drive.
I explore the disk, open the image with the guide via UltraIso and extract it to the desktop.
Now I can play the game and have access to the guide.

I know this sound like it's alot but it really it is not that bad. I hope I am understanding what you mean by modified image first.

platinumsword is offline   Reply With Quote