Old 01-02-2005   #1
CD Freaks Rookie

CD not readable aftern burning until application closed

Hello,

after I burn a CD and close NeroAPI in the correct way with NeroCloseDevice(...), NeroDone(), NeroAPIGlueDone() and so on, I can't read the cd until I close my application (which use NeroAPI). Even the Microsoft Explorer can't access the cd until my application is closed. This happens often, but not every time. It seems to be, that the drive is locked by nero, even nero is closed (or should be closed). When I reopen NeroAPI I can burn again on this cd (multisession) without problems, but reading afterwards is impossible.

Has anybody a idea, what the reason could be or had similar experiences? What can i do to fix or work around this problem?

I use Nero 6.3.1.20 and NeroSDK 1.05.
I noticed that this happend only on plextor cd writers (but not only single model). I found no cd writer from other manufactors with this problem (but I can't test to much other drives). Maybe this is a driver problem with plextor drives. But this is only a assumption.

Can help a newer Nero version or need i a cd driver firmware update?

Thanks for any help,

Michael
michael2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #2
Nero Developer

Assuming you are doing everything correctly in terms of using NeroAPI, perhaps the first step you should do is to upgrade to a newest Nero version and see if that changes anything. Chances are this was already fixed if it was down to NeroAPI.

If this doesn't help and you only notice the issue on Plextor drives, it could be either a NeroAPI issue or a driver issue, as you already noticed.
alexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005   #3
New on Forum

Re: CD not readable aftern burning until application closed

Dear Michael,
I had the same problem with some Plextor DVD recorders(sometimes I cannot read the burned DVD or CD until I close my application).

Did you (or someone else) find any solution to this problem?

Also does someone know if this is a problem specific to Plextor drives?

Thank you for the attention,

Valerio
salomoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #4
New on Forum

dear Valerio,
it seems this problem is not specific to plexor drives. I use BTC DVDRW IDE 1008 drive and also Pioneer DVR108 drive and I have the same problem with both drives
I asked to Nero and answer was "check for the latest firmware". I did but I've always the problem.
the same proble if I burn with power producer (cyberlink)
If someone knows the solution, please explain what I will do
thanks
Christian
chrisrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #5
CD Freaks Member

Have you just tried what happens if you disconnect from Nero after burning completed? If this helps, you may implement an optional "compatibility mode" or disconnect and reconnect if you application cannot access the disk after burning.

Not an elegant solution, but might work.
Oliver M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005   #6
New on Forum

I had the same problem with my application. I am doing some custom validation on the files that have been written, but I could not get access to them...The work around that I found, though not elegant (disclaimer), was to have Nero pop the drive open and close.

After that it has no problem reading it.

If someone has found a better solution, I would love to know what it is.
klopek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006   #7
New on Forum

Maybe too late, but...

I had a similar problem with a HP drive. When the disc was reloaded after burning, my whole app hanged, and even Windows could not read the drive until I made the tray open.
What I found out was, NeroGetCDInfo does not return if flags NGCDI_READ_CD_TEXT and NGCDI_READ_ISRC are used.
It was only true for DVD's, CD's were always OK.
proasm2 is offline   Reply With Quote