Old 07-06-2004   #1
CDFreaks Resident

OmniPatcher for LiteOn DVD-Writers (v1.4.3) (OLD)

<HR>Thread closed

This thread has become too big and cumbersome. Please use the new thread.<HR>

OmniPatcher for LiteOn DVD-Writers
The Official Thread

Introduction
The OmniPatcher, as the name suggests, is an all-in-one firmware patching tool for LiteOn DVD-writers that lets you customize your firmware to your heart's content and fine-tune your drive's performance.

Key features
1/ Adjust DVD Writing-Speed Limits (also known as "speedhacking")... +R9 media codes are supported, and so are the new 3S firmwares!
2/ Change the write strategies of +R and -R media codes.
3/ Increase DVD±R/R9/RW reading speed
4/ Enable auto-bitsetting
5/ Earlier shift (faster burn) for 8x +R... make your 8x burns a bit faster!
6/ Utilize "force-shifting" for 6x/8x burns... if your drive's OPC-checking is over-sensitive and is kicking in too much, use this!
7/ Utilize "force-fallback" for 8x +R... if you find that your errors at the end of the burn are too high, you can try this out.
8/ Fix the "dead drive blink" / Enable cross-flashing

More information
Please read the documentation enclosed in the package for more details!

Screenshot:
Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.

<HR>Latest version is 1.4.3 (30 May 2005)
Download: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/patchers.html
More Info: Change Log | Documentation | Unpacking RAR Files<HR>Unscrambled Flashers: dhc014's Firmware Page | Our Firmware Page<HR>Latest "Recommended Tweaks" File: Revision 2-15<HR>

Enjoy!
"You don't have to be a supporter of freedom of speech to protest when your own ox is being gored. You do have to be a supporter of freedom of speech to protest when the government tries to censor the speech of those who are goring your ox." -Alan M. Dershowitz

LiteOn Stuff: LiteOn F.A.Q. | OmniPatcher | DVD-Writer Overview | Changing Write Strategies | Crossflashing | XFlash Utility
General Stuff: DVD-Writer F.A.Q. | Rules of the Optical Drive Forums | Attaching Scans | The rpc1.org Firmware Database
Code Guys: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/ | send us e-mail

I Use: Firefox + QuickDrag + NoRedirect + URL Flipper | Winamp | CmdOpen Shell Extension | HashCheck Shell Extension
C64K: My Travel Photos | In Retirement...

Last edited by code65536; 13-06-2005 at 03:20.
Old 02-11-2004   #2
CDFreaks Resident

Re: OmniPatcher for LiteOn DVD-Writers (v1.3.14d)

Thread split because it's getting too long and cumbersome (who really wants to dig through 300 posts?).

If you wish to reference the old posts...
Old thread #1 (split on 2004/07/28): http://club.myce.com/showthread.php?t=102527
Old thread #2 (split on 2004/11/02): http://club.myce.com/showthread.php?t=113240

The thread ID is not affected by this, so there is no need to update any links.
"You don't have to be a supporter of freedom of speech to protest when your own ox is being gored. You do have to be a supporter of freedom of speech to protest when the government tries to censor the speech of those who are goring your ox." -Alan M. Dershowitz

LiteOn Stuff: LiteOn F.A.Q. | OmniPatcher | DVD-Writer Overview | Changing Write Strategies | Crossflashing | XFlash Utility
General Stuff: DVD-Writer F.A.Q. | Rules of the Optical Drive Forums | Attaching Scans | The rpc1.org Firmware Database

I Use: Firefox + QuickDrag + NoRedirect + URL Flipper | Winamp | CmdOpen Shell Extension | HashCheck Shell Extension
Old 02-11-2004   #3
CD Freaks Member

Thanks for your excellent efforts. Where would we be without the Codeguys?
Old 02-11-2004   #4
CD Freaks Junior Member

We are looking forward to Omnipatcher version that can switch media codes on 1653s.
Is it gonna be relased soon?
Many thanks to Codeguys on their great utility.
Old 03-11-2004   #5
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog_yu
We are looking forward to Omnipatcher version that can switch media codes on 1653s.
Is it gonna be relased soon?
Many thanks to Codeguys on their great utility.
I most certainly hope that it will be released soon. I'm looking forward to it because without OP, I'm still stuck here using 1633S firmware, unable to play around with the 1653S stuff.

But to be honest, I can't provide you with an ETA. I haven't even looked at the CS02 disassembly yet. So far, I've just been making small fixes to OP that are fairly easy to implement (.14a through .14d) to tide things over until I get the time to sit down and spend some quality time with the CS02/BS46 firmware to see what needs to be done (unfortunately, there seems to be a lot that needs to be done, which is why I've been putting this off ).

Old 03-11-2004   #6
CD Freaks Junior Member

Thanx for quick reply CODE65536.
I shall offer my help in CS02 disassembly and also anything you need else.
Please do not hesitate to ask.
Old 04-11-2004   #7
CDFreaks Resident

can i use Ommnipatcher on a 1613 and have it become 1633? what is the best firmware for the drive? sorry about the dumb questions but when i search i find very little on the 1633s
thank you
Bruce
Old 04-11-2004   #8
Retired Senior Administrator

Yes you can. BS0K is the newest and seems to be working well. Enable cross flashing, increased read speed, auto bitsetting and the recommended tweaks.
Old 04-11-2004   #9
CDFreaks Resident

i found the guide thanks ,but what is the firmware best choice?
Bruce
Old 04-11-2004   #10
Retired Senior Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0deKing
Yes you can. BS0K is the newest and seems to be working well. Enable cross flashing, increased read speed, auto bitsetting and the recommended tweaks.
Old 04-11-2004   #11
CDFreaks Resident

Thank you it worked Great,burns Great
Bruce
Old 05-11-2004   #12
CD Freaks Junior Member

Omnipatcher and Memorex F16 Question

Buddy of mine just purchased a Memorex F16. I've downloaded the latest firmware from rpc1 (BWSE) from codeguys, and it loads fine in omnipatcher. In early reports (using stock BWSB firmware) the scans seem okay, but I think they can be better.

So... couple questions-

1. Safe to assume its ok to use omnipatcher on this fw, since it is a rebadged liteon?
2. Do all the normal strat swaps still apply? (default overrides, etc)
3. Do the other options (ie autobitset) work ok?
4. Kprobe - does this drive respond ok to speed setting, when scanning a disc?

Thanks, and appreciate any insight.

-Blu

Lite-On 851@832 CG5G Autobitset, couple of overrides
IOMEGA ZIPCD3840INT-A@PLEXTOR PX-W1210A 1.10
Omnipatcher Rocks! Check out my MAME project!
Old 05-11-2004   #13
CDFreaks Resident

Re: Omnipatcher and Memorex F16 Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhantom
Buddy of mine just purchased a Memorex F16. I've downloaded the latest firmware from rpc1 (BWSE) from codeguys, and it loads fine in omnipatcher. In early reports (using stock BWSB firmware) the scans seem okay, but I think they can be better.

So... couple questions-

1. Safe to assume its ok to use omnipatcher on this fw, since it is a rebadged liteon?
2. Do all the normal strat swaps still apply? (default overrides, etc)
3. Do the other options (ie autobitset) work ok?
4. Kprobe - does this drive respond ok to speed setting, when scanning a disc?

Thanks, and appreciate any insight.

-Blu
OP was designed & tested for use with both regular and rebadged firmwares.

Likewise, KProbe works just fine with both regular and rebadged drives.

Old 05-11-2004   #14
CD Freaks Junior Member

Re: Omnipatcher and Memorex F16 Question

Code65536-

Thanks much. I'd assumed that, but since he's out-of-state, wanted to verify before I have him flash all willy nilly. I'm gettin his old dvd burner (lucky me) - iomagic or some mess. Maybe it will read DVDs in my lappy docking station.

Anyway, thanks for the reply-

-Blu

Lite-On 851@832 CG5G Autobitset, couple of overrides
IOMEGA ZIPCD3840INT-A@PLEXTOR PX-W1210A 1.10
Omnipatcher Rocks! Check out my MAME project!
Old 07-11-2004   #15
MyCE Member

Omnipatch Latest Tweak question

I just got some CMC MAG R01, and in my Plextor 708A amd Benq 1620, the max record speed is 2.5X, in my 1213s@1633s it is 16X

I looked in the omnipatcher rec. tweak list and the strat has been swapped to CMC M01..is this right?

Oh well, this should be fun I am Gonna burn my first disc @ 16x, may the force be with me
Old 07-11-2004   #16
CDFreaks Resident

Re: Omnipatch Latest Tweak question

Quote:
I looked in the omnipatcher rec. tweak list and the strat has been swapped to CMC M01..is this right?
That's right.

I have some CMC MAG R01 (HP brand; the good stuff)... and when I switched it to CMC MAG M01...

1/ It burns perfectly at 4x, 6x, and 8x.
2/ When I tested 16x with BS0C (or was it BS0G?), after the initial lead-in calibration, the drive automatically kicked back into 8x, which was fine since the R01 burns quite nicely at 8x. So I didn't think that 12x or 16x would be a problem because the drive was smart enough to kick it back. Dunno if it'll still kick back to 8x for other drives and/or firmwares, but at least that's what it did for me.

Old 07-11-2004   #17
MyCE Member

With the latest firmware, it did not kick back, full burn in 5:50 secs, Coaster with weird rings in the center....Trying again @ 8X
Old 08-11-2004   #18
CDFreaks Resident

Version 1.3.15

New version: 1.3.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniPatcher Changelog
1.3.15 (8 Nov 2004)
* Added: Full support for the 1653S.
* Fixed: Issues with certain 1633S firmwares (such as BS06 and B4S6) have been fixed.

1.3.14d (1 Nov 2004)
* Fixed: Increasing reading speed to 12x now works for the 1653S.

1.3.14c (1 Nov 2004)
* Other: Switched to a different compiler, resulting in a smaller file size.

1.3.14b (31 Oct 2004)
* Improved: Crossflashing now supports slimline drives.

1.3.14a (23 Oct 2004)
* Fixed: Crossflashing support for the 1653S.
1.3.15 is a major new release of OmniPatcher. Users of 1S and 2S drives are unaffected. 3S users should upgrade both because of the 1653S support and also because there is a newer generation of 1633S firmwares on the horizon (such as B4S6) that will not work with older versions of OmniPatcher.

Also, please test strat switching with the CS02 or B4S6 firmwares (or any other firmware that 1.3.14 cannot open correctly but 1.3.15 can). OmniPatcher uses a new strat switching patch to implement strat switching in these newer firmwares, and I have not tested this new patch as thorougly as I'd like, so please let me know if any unexpected problems crop up when strat switching. OP-1.3.15's strat-switch patching method for older firmwares (i.e., any firmware that 1.3.14 can handle) such as BS0K is unchanged and thus does not require any testing. Thanks.

The first post has been updated accordingly.

Last edited by code65536; 09-11-2004 at 03:36. Reason: Clarified wording
Old 08-11-2004   #19
CD Freaks Senior Member

Re: OmniPatcher for LiteOn DVD-Writers (v1.3.15)

Thank you for your continuing work on this tool. I really appreciate the effort you put into staying up to date.

G
Old 08-11-2004   #20
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumRare
Thank you for your continuing work on this tool. I really appreciate the effort you put into staying up to date.

G
I could not agree with you more.
It is almost machine like how the CodeGuys operate.

Thanks for your efforts.
Old 09-11-2004   #21
CD Freaks Junior Member

Greatful to haven CodeGuys....
Thanks
Old 09-11-2004   #22
CD Freaks Junior Member

THANKS CODE!!!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2004   #23
CD Freaks Junior Member

The Omnipatcher has worked great on my Lite-On drive and I used it to make a few changes of my own to your already customized CG3E firmware. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2004   #24
CD Freaks Junior Member

So, what kind of strategy do I want to use on a 1213S@1653S? Are there recommended settings?
Old 09-11-2004   #25
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr
So, what kind of strategy do I want to use on a 1213S@1653S? Are there recommended settings?
Same as before, I think. The recommended tweaks that one would use for 1213S@1633S would still apply for 1213S@1653S. Just click the recommended tweaks button.

Closed Thread