Old 06-02-2008   #1
New on Forum

Memorex DVD+-RAM 530l v1 SCSI

I am really trying to get this drive working with Vista x64.
Can anyone help me?
nydev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009   #2
New on Forum

Re: Memorex DVD+-RAM 530l v1 SCSI

My Memorex DVD+ -RAM 530L v1 won't do anything. None of my 3 DVD burners will do anything on Wndows XP, They worked on Vista but wont on XP 64 CE.
I have spent weeks now trying everything I could find posted on the whole www. I tried deleting filters (only upper filter found), uninstalling and reinstalling drives, checking settings, disable & enabled drives..... and other stuff unnecessary .... I am getting so dang close to buying a new computer now it's killing my dang nerves!!!! I'm sooo stressed out, I even bought a brand new DVD Lightscribe dual layer burner and nothing either my shi*y windows won't burn or copy any type of file or disc/cd. I have tried looking for Driver/firmware updates for my DVD drives but am tired of finding it but when I hit download to findout I have to download a program and t finds the right drivers but then another suprice... I have to pay and buy that program. Drivers/firmware is freeware wtf????
Anybody got any clues and or suggestions or meybe even links or direct downloads for me.
HP DVD Drive: HL DT ST DVDRRW GWA4166B
Memorex: DVD+ -RAM 530L v1
katana885@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009   #3
Senior Moderator

Re: Memorex DVD+-RAM 530l v1 SCSI

Hi and Welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katana885@yahoo.com View Post
My Memorex DVD+ -RAM 530L v1 won't do anything. None of my 3 DVD burners will do anything on Wndows XP,
Could you explain more detailled?
Can you read data discs (CD and DVD)?
Quote:
They worked on Vista but wont on XP 64 CE.
Have you installed the drivers for your motherboard chipset and storage controllers? These should be available from the manufacturer's website.

Please also provide details of your motherboard and additional controllers your drives are connected to.
Quote:
I tried deleting filters (only upper filter found), uninstalling and reinstalling drives, checking settings, disable & enabled drives..... and other stuff unnecessary ....
Are there are any error or problem indicators in device manager?
Quote:
I even bought a brand new DVD Lightscribe dual layer burner and nothing either my shi*y windows won't burn or copy any type of file or disc/cd.
Which CD/DVD burning software has been tried for that purpose?
Quote:
I have tried looking for Driver/firmware updates for my DVD drives but am tired of finding it but when I hit download to findout I have to download a program and t finds the right drivers but then another suprice... I have to pay and buy that program. Drivers/firmware is freeware wtf????
Indeed, drivers and firmware can be obtained for free from the original supplier.
Those "find drivers for your hardware" softwares are provided from 3rd party companies that want to make some $$$ from unexperienced users. Just get rid of that crap.
Quote:
Anybody got any clues and or suggestions or meybe even links or direct downloads for me.
No downloads needed. Optical drives are supported by the operating system for basic read operation.
Chipset and controller drivers can be obtained from
  1. the computer manufacturer
  2. the motherboard manufacturer
  3. the chipset manufacturer
Michael
mciahel is offline   Reply With Quote