Old 06-10-2009   #1

Ihas124 Y questions

I just got an IHAS124 Y and to my suprise, the Y's are the most unsupported drives I've ever seen. I can't find anything about them besides on this forum. I have been trying to find firmwares and have been debating on erasing the drive and flashing a stock IHAS124 A firmware. would this be prudent? Is there a way to change the booktype for DVD+R DL? This is really the only reason I would completely erase the drive and flash another firmware. I'd really appreciate any help with this because I spent about 3 hours last night scouring the interwebs for any info on this.
DJKrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009   #2
Senior Moderator

Re: Ihas124 Y questions

The iHASx24 Y/Z drives are different hardware from the iHASx24 A drives. (At the very least, the Y uses an NEC chipset; the A, a MediaTek). As such, the firmware is not interchangeable. Trying would kill the drive.

A few people are working on the flashing tools that could be used to get the drive to its original make and model, an Optiarc AD-724xS. See this thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-...hipset-300181/

Unless the drive booktypes DL as DVD-ROM right now (I thought the stock Optiarc firmware did this, maybe the LiteOn version does not), you will probably be waiting for a patch to enable booktyping or crossflash to Optiarc firmware.
Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009   #3
MyCE Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKrafty View Post
I just got an IHAS124 Y and to my suprise, the Y's are the most unsupported drives I've ever seen. I can't find anything about them besides on this forum.
Yup, I have one of them as well and can't find much about it anywhere.

The firmware on mine is reported as BL0W, and there is no mention of that even here on this website, and any web searches seem to only bring up lots of weird and sometimes vulgar results because of the firmware name. I have a couple of iHAS324 models due in next week, so we'll see how that goes.
Old 26-10-2009   #4

I was actually able to do what I needed to on this drive. I had to install Nero in Windows XP to change the book type. After I changed it, i rebooted and verified and it's correct now.
DJKrafty is offline   Reply With Quote