Old 07-05-2008   #1
New on Forum

DH20A4H ... strange problem after bad flash

hello,

now this is something REALLY strange... i was flashing my DH20A4H (newly bought) with the unofficial firmware (after backing up my original firmware) and my pc froze in between the flash .. when i restarted .. the pc would still recognize the drive but wont open the door or anything.. tried the buttons and everything... i flashed my drive with the original EEPROM backup and the drive is back to normal... ... but theres one thing thats bothering me .. when i check the capabilities of my drive thru DVD decrypter... it says Yes in everything ... but only one thats "can write DVD-R DL" (it says Yes on Read DVD-R DL) .. and im not sure that whether it was there before the flashing or not .. even the box says that it can write to DVD-R DL .. someone with the same drive please post wheter theres a Yes or A no on your Drive... Its The "Can write DVD-R DL : No" thats bothering me .. it says yes in the DVD+R DL write option....please help.. thnx... the option is in the main screen .. tools---> drive---->Capabilities..
faizy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: DH20A4H ... strange problem after bad flash

Don't worry. DVD decrypter is very old and the drive most likely is not even supported. DVD Decrypter is not even supported any longer. Use ImgBurn and use the same process to view the capabilities and you will see the correct boxes checked or Nero's InfoTool.
Zalman CNPS9500 AM2 CPU Cooler
2Seagate 500GB SATA
GForce 9500GT
4 GB Crucial RAM
Samsung SyncMaster 225BW 22" WideScreen
EnerMax Chakra Full Tower
Logitech MX 518SE
Logitech Wave Keyboard
Logitech X-240 Speakers
Liteon iHAS324/Liteon iHAS424/Liteon eHAU424 Real LiteOns
pfloyd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #3
New on Forum

thanx for the help pfloyd1 ... installed IMGBURN and it shows the correct boxes ... ... case closed...

BTW do u know what is the latest firmware for this drive and where can i find one ? ..
Old 08-05-2008   #4
MyCE Resident

I found QP59 somewhere here. Do a search....
2Seagate 500GB SATA
GForce 9500GT
4 GB Crucial RAM
Logitech MX 518SE
Logitech Wave Keyboard
Logitech X-240 Speakers
Old 08-05-2008   #5
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfloyd1 View Post
I found QP59 somewhere here. Do a search....
Don't know where you got that firmware for 20A4H but mine was bought new and was only QP53 firmware. Either on the Global or US site....also neither site give a download for the firmware....
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #6
MyCE Resident

It's not on Liteons site. It is here somewhere.
2Seagate 500GB SATA
GForce 9500GT
4 GB Crucial RAM
Logitech MX 518SE
Logitech Wave Keyboard
Logitech X-240 Speakers
Old 08-05-2008   #7
New on Forum

http://www.badongo.com/file/8509699

found it.. .flashed it .. works great .. QP59.. theres no official release of the firmware so u wont find it on liteon web page cheers!!
Old 08-05-2008   #8
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcolors View Post
Don't know where you got that firmware for 20A4H but mine was bought new and was only QP53 firmware. Either on the Global or US site....also neither site give a download for the firmware....
when i bought the drive it was At QP57 and now i flashed it to QP59... burning a DL jus now wid it
Old 09-05-2008   #9
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by faizy11 View Post
when i bought the drive it was At QP57 and now i flashed it to QP59... burning a DL jus now wid it
Really so what region are you from that you got your drive with QP59? Unless Liteon US or Global releases it I wouldn't trust a file server site there unless it came from one of the CDfreaks member who does create custom flashware. And release it on CDfreaks for all to use and test with.
Old 09-05-2008   #10
New on Forum

Quote:
Really so what region are you from that you got your drive with QP59? Unless Liteon US or Global releases it I wouldn't trust a file server site there unless it came from one of the CDfreaks member who does create custom flashware. And release it on CDfreaks for all to use and test with.
well im from south asia...pakistan to be specific.... the drive i bought is a december 2007 manufacture .. and it came with QP57... and then i flashed it with the above mentioned QP59(just a little FYI...its dated 2008-01-24 16:47) .. and as for the official part.... i like to take risks and have trusted many other UNOFFICIAL resources related to other stuff .. so no biggie for me .. it works good enuff.. and thats all that matters to mua !!..
Old 09-05-2008   #11
MyCE Resident

Man .. I wonder why my US unit came with only QP53 firmware? I guess it was region specific firmware....but I check the US and Global site site on liteon and they didn't have any firmware update???? Odd??? Guess I will wait for the US or Global site to post them and then I download it.

Last edited by coolcolors; 09-05-2008 at 19:17. Reason: revision
Old 09-05-2008   #12
New on Forum

Quote:
Man .. I wonder why my US unit came with only QP53 firmware? I guess it was region specific firmware....but I check the US and Global site site on liteon and they didn't have any firmware update???? Odd??? Guess I will wait for the US or Global site to post them and then I download it.

haha .. i dunt think they gonna release it officially .. its been 4 months since the firmware was made .. on the other hand .. i wonder why didn't they release it officially .. anyways .. my advice to u is to update the drive .. rest is upto u .. my drive workin liek a charm
Old 09-05-2008   #13
CE Freak

A word of caution is in order here: QP59 which was dumped from someone's drive is "S" firmware (for Sharp laser diode).

Check your version with C0deKing's Flash Utility first and don't go around flashing your drives like headless chickens at the mere sight of something new .
Cressida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008   #14
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cressida View Post
A word of caution is in order here: QP59 which was dumped from someone's drive is "S" firmware (for Sharp laser diode).

Check your version with C0deKing's Flash Utility first and don't go around flashing your drives like headless chickens at the mere sight of something new .
hmm... well i didn't knew abt that ... and when i checked my version with the utility .. IT IS the "S" firmware. .. maybe thats why it worked .. hmm .. interesting fact here folks..
Old 09-05-2008   #15
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cressida View Post

I already knew there was a "A" and "S" firmware version. That is why when I didn't see it on liteon site, I decided not to go with the link that was posted. I would wait for manufacture then codeking to release the correct firmware or custom firmware for the right drive before going to a link I don't have reliable info as to which firmware it will flash to.
Old 10-05-2008   #16
CE Freak

Yes, I looked back through the firmware announcement thread and even QP57 is only available in "S" version (unofficially, just like QP59).

If you can do without LightScribe, coolcolors, you can use 9P59 for the 20A4P (which is available in both "A" and "S"), and it will tide you over til a new 20A4H "A" version is released.
Cressida is offline   Reply With Quote