Old 18-01-2008   #1
New on Forum

Windows vista Home Premium - ISO Image

Hello!

I've been trying to install windows vista home premium on my new system and unfortunatelly the installation files give some error that prevent the intallation from being successfull.

After spending the whole day researching the internet for possible solutions, most people seem to agree that to avoid this problem I should make an ISO image of the original DVD and burn it at a slow speed (2X or so), then perform the installation from this working copy of the original disk.

It is suggested that I use Daemon Tools to make the ISO image and burn it but I've been fiddling with Daemon Tools Lite (4.11.2) for some time now and I have no idea whatsoever how to to do this

Please, I would very much appreciate if you could give me some guidance. All ideas and suggestions are more than welcome

In advance, thank you very much
Avida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Windows vista Home Premium - ISO Image

If the source disk has errors, get it replaced by the seller.
Check the disc with nero cd dvd speed.

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008   #3
New on Forum

Hello!

Thx for your prompt reply Chef. I've downloaded the trial version of Nero 8 but Icant find any function to test DVD speed, sorry for my silly questions but I'm new to all this . Could you pls be a bit more specific on what I have to do with Nero to test whether the DVD is in proper working order?

Thx Very Much
Old 18-01-2008   #4
Administrator

_chef_ was talking about Nero CD/DVD Speed, which is probably included in the utilities of Nero 8, but can also be found here:
http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

It is a small download compared to Nero 8, thank goodness.

Try the Scan Disk tab and see if any damaged or bad sectors show up.
Kerry56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008   #5
New on Forum

Thx a lot for the clarification Kerry56

I've tested the disk and it all seems to be ok.

I've tried performing a Copy Disk with Nero8 and burning it at 4X and then 2X but it did not make any difference when trying to install the software. I dunno if the fact that the image on my HD is .nrg has anything to do with it; the forums I've read say that I actually need to make an ISO image of the original disk.

Can some1 pls guide me on how to do this with Nero8 or some other software that might be more appropriate? I'm cant find an option that actually allows me to make an ISO image

Thx very much for your time
Old 19-01-2008   #6
Administrator

You can use ImgBurn to make an ISO of the disk and also use it to burn to a blank dvd. www.imgburn.com It is free to download and use. Great burning program and has pretty much replaced Nero for me.

Read through the guides, found here, on making and burning ISO image files with ImgBurn.
Old 19-01-2008   #7
New on Forum

Thx a lot Kerry56

I will definitely try the software and check out the guides

Will let you know how it went

Cheers m8, really appreciate it
Old 24-01-2008   #8
New on Forum

I downloaded the software and went through the guides, really easy stuff, Thx a lot for the info Made the copy but unfortunately the software still wont install properly.

I've been suggested that it might be a good idea to replace my optical unit and try try the installation again. I currently have an old ASUS DVD-E616P2 which I'm recycling from my old PC, do you reckon it might have something to do with the installation problems i'm having?

Since I'm building a new system I will probably end up buying a new unit anyways. I see that the Samsung SH-203B has some good reviews and is highly recommended, is that still the case or is there a another one that might be worth buying instead?

Thx
Old 24-01-2008   #9
Administrator

Nothing wrong with the Samsung 203B or 203N. An alternative would be one of the Pioneer drives, the 212 or 215 (if it is available in your area). All of these are SATA interface drives, and I recommend going to SATA in a new build.

If you still can't get the disc to read correctly, it may be time to talk to Microsoft and get a replacement. Or you could borrow a copy from someone you know. Microsoft doesn't care about which physical copy you install from, as long as you have a valid licence for the operating system.
Old 24-01-2008   #10
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avida View Post
I've been trying to install windows vista home premium on my new system and unfortunatelly the installation files give some error that prevent the intallation from being successfull.
May I ask what the error message said
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008   #11
New on Forum

Sure

It says:

"Windows cannot install required files.Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error Code:0x8007045D"

I've put together a new system and when trying to install Vista Home Premium 64-bit I get the above error

This error message comes up at 9% of the installation when the files are being extracted.

The new system is conformed of:

M/B: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ 3.2GHz
RAM: Corsair 2048MB TwinX XMS2 6400 C4 DDR2 4-4-4-12 800Mhz (2 x 1024MB)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA2
Graphic Card: XFX GeForce 8800 GTX
PSU: Xilence 600W Gaming Edition

Please if you have any suggestion no matter how simple/obvious/dumb/complex or whatever it might seem to you... please please let me know

Cheers
Old 24-01-2008   #12
Retired Moderator

did the windows disc come supplied I take it this is a original windows cd ?
logicwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008   #13
New on Forum

Yes, the windows disc is original

I bought the OEM version

Last edited by Avida; 24-01-2008 at 16:42. Reason: spelling error :P
Old 24-01-2008   #14
Retired Moderator

in which case it either has to be the disc with corrupt cab files
or your drive is defective ?
as previously stated your cd needs to go back to your vendor
strange because as a retailer myself I have never seen a faulty windows cd
only scratched or abused ones from mis treating.
the fact that your drive has got to 9% implies that your drive is probably ok
has it loaded files ok previously ?
my money is on the disc !!
sorry
Old 24-01-2008   #15
Retired Moderator

hold on a minute !!
on researching the error message you are getting I have found the following suggestions or possible fixes !!!!

Re: error code 0x8007045d new vista install

Well I don't know if it'll help you any but that particular error code refers to an I/O error with copying the files....usually a specific file. I found that doing a full format of the drive(instead of just quick format) usually solves it, but I don't think vista even gives that option so I don't know of much to suggest.

IN OTHER WORDS TRY TO GET YOUR NEW DRIVE FORMATTED BY OTHER MEANS IE. ON ANOTHER PC ??
OR DO YOU GET A OPTION TO DO A FULL FORMAT WHEN YOU DO THE INSTALL ??

Re: error code 0x8007045d new vista install

for u who encounter this problem during the installation. Here is an answer. Somehow i think its nothing to do with the iso image or bios bugs,,,, its more like the build in buggy driver in vista. What i did was download the sata controller driver and put it in a removeable media. During the installation, manual install the HD driver, the the installation go smooth...wow... cheer to vista for its retail still like bata..............>.<

HERE THIS PERSON IS SUGGESTING YOU GET THE VISTA SATA CONTROLLER DRIVER FOR YOUR SETUP AND WHEN YOU DO THE INSTALL IT GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO LOAD THIS IN AT THE INSTALL FROM A USB DEVICE ALLOWING YOUR INSTALL TO RUN FULLY.

good luck at least this gives you something to work on
Old 27-01-2008   #16
Retired Moderator

did you have any luck avida ??
Old 27-01-2008   #17
MyCE Resident

I had various errors as well when I was trying to install. Take out one gig of RAM given that you only have 2 gigs installed and try again. If all is well then let me know after then install Windows Vista (KB929777). Then put your other ram back in.

32 Bit systems
Download details: Update for Windows Vista (KB929777)

64 bit systems
Download details: Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB929777)
Dr. Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008   #18
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicwatch View Post
did you have any luck avida ??
Hello!

Thx very much everyone for all your suggestions. Unfortunately I haven't had much spare time in the past few days to work on my PC but hopefully towards the end of the week I should be perfectly able to

I will try the various options and then let you know

Thx again

Last edited by Avida; 28-01-2008 at 11:44. Reason: Spelling error :P
Old 03-02-2008   #19
New on Forum

Hello,

Unfortunately no luck yet

Ok I tried formatting the HD on my other PC and the installation still fails at exactly the same point. I did Full Format, not the quick one

I tried finding the SATA controllers but I'm not where to get the correct ones. I visited the manufacturer's website but couldn't find any downloads for my specific model: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB; Manufacturer's code: ST3250410AS

I've just downloaded a copy of the software to rule out the the disk as the cause of the problem. Unfortuanately my Nero trial has expired; can you please recommend some free software tha I can use to burn the DVD? I'm not very keen about using the built in windows utility :S

I'm a bit confused about Dr. Who's Suggestion, isn't that something you install after the OS is up and running?

I've also ordered the Samsung SH-203N but I'm still awaiting delivery, hopefully it'll be here on Monday

Once again thx everyone for your ideas
Old 03-02-2008   #20
MyCE Resident

Quote:
I tried finding the SATA controllers but I'm not where to get the correct ones. I visited the manufacturer's website but couldn't find any downloads for my specific model: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB; Manufacturer's code: ST3250410AS
That is a harddisk, not a SATA controller.

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #21
New on Forum

ermmm well obviously th person I asked about the SATA controllers was not very clear about what he was being asked and gave me wrong information.

Can someone please clarify what the SATA controllers are and where do I get them

Thx a lot

Last edited by Avida; 06-02-2008 at 11:12. Reason: missing word :P
Old 06-02-2008   #22
Administrator

All modern motherboards come with SATA controllers built-in. They regulate/control information flow from the drives, both optical and hard drives. You should be able to access the bios and see options for the controller and you should be able to see that the drives you have connected are properly recognized by the board.

Read the manual that came with the motherboard on how to access the bios. Normally you access it by hitting DEL when it boots up, but that varies sometimes. I don't think it can be emphasized enough that you should READ the MOTHERBOARD MANUAL before messing with settings in there.

Which motherboard are you using?
Old 10-02-2008   #23
New on Forum

Thx Kerry56

Yes the motherboard recognizes all the devices that are attached to it, no problems with that. Anyways I tried copying the SATA controllers from the CD included with the motherboard and provide them during the installation but it wouldn't make any difference; also tried downloading the latest version from the manufacturer and nothing

The M/B is Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe

By the way I've downloaded a copy of Vista to rule out the Original Vista disc being the cause of the problem but I can't manage to burn it into a DVD. The file is about 4.4GB, the media I'm using is supposed to have 4.7GB of space but when windows formats the disc it is only left with 4GB which is obviously not enough space.

Is there any way to format the DVD so that enough space will be left?

Once again Thax very very much
Old 10-02-2008   #24
Senior Moderator & Editor

Quote:
By the way I've downloaded a copy of Vista to rule out the Original Vista disc being the cause of the problem
Avida I appreciate your problems with the original disc, but we can't help you with the above!

NB Thread still open as long as we don't involve downloaded Windows versions
imkidd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #25
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by imkidd57 View Post
Avida I appreciate your problems with the original disc, but we can't help you with the above!

NB Thread still open as long as we don't involve downloaded Windows versions
I appreciate your concern and I support your attitude not to support or encourage software piracy in any way.

However, I do hold an original copy of the software and an original license number which I will be using for the installation; please correct me if I am wrong but I think I'm not engaging in piracy by doing this.

It is no different than borrowing a copy of the disc from someone else. If I had someone from whom to borrow the disc I would but unfortunately I don't

Note: remember that packaged software is licensed for use rather than sold, so by using the license that I bought I am not "stealing" software, or the rights to use that software.

Last edited by Avida; 11-02-2008 at 12:27. Reason: added the note