Old 15-05-2007   #1
New on Forum

Windows Media Player says there is no disk in my computer's DVD player, but there is

I burned video files from my hard drive. I used a DVD+R in my Sony DRX-830U burner. I can play the video files in my Sony burner using Windows Media Player. When I placed the DVD+R in my computer's DVD player Windows Media Player says there is no disk in the drive.

I used ImgBurn software to burn the video files.

What is going on with Microsoft Media Player saying that there is no disk in the computer's DVD player? Do I need mpeg-2; and, if so, where is the best place to get it?

Please help.

Thank you
joseph1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007   #2
Retired Moderator

Re: Windows Media Player says there is no disk in my computer's DVD player, but there is

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph1949
I burned video files from my hard drive. I used a DVD+R in my Sony DRX-830U burner. I can play the video files in my Sony burner using Windows Media Player. When I placed the DVD+R in my computer's DVD player Windows Media Player says there is no disk in the drive.

I used ImgBurn software to burn the video files.

What is going on with Microsoft Media Player saying that there is no disk in the computer's DVD player? Do I need mpeg-2; and, if so, where is the best place to get it?

Please help.

Thank you
Does any other Media plaer software see the disc like VLC , WinDVD
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007   #3
New on Forum

Re: Windows Media Player says there is no disk in my computer's DVD player, but there is

If it helps here is the following information on my DVD player:

Bought computer in Oct. 1999. Dvd player drive came with computer. It is a Hitachi DVD-ROM GD-5000 [CD-ROM drive]
joseph1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007   #4
MyCE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph1949
If it helps here is the following information on my DVD player:

Bought computer in Oct. 1999. Dvd player drive came with computer. It is a Hitachi DVD-ROM GD-5000 [CD-ROM drive]
Very old.
It probably doesn't recognise the media.
Look for a firmware update. It may help but I doubt it. Worth a try though.
Old 16-05-2007   #5
MyCE Resident

There is firmware and you can't update the CD-ROM so try to udate you motherboard bios see if that works. Also may be is the time for retirement of your computer and replacement with new one since they are so cheap these days.
TCAS is offline   Reply With Quote