Old 20-12-2008   #1
MyCE Junior Member

Ulead VideoStudio 10 (no sound)

I just installed Ulead VideoStudio 10 SE (Corel Corp).

It seems to be working OK, except there is no sound when it plays a video clip (Edit Mode).

I've tested my sound system (Realtek HD Audio) and it works fine.

I've played the clip(s) (MPEG2) using Media Player and WinDVD Player and the sound is fine.

I tried changing the volume controls shown on the scene although the default appears to be 100% of normal.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the audio portion of the program is not outputting (connected?) to the PC sound system.

However, if I select the Audio view of the clip the red line is flat which indicates to me that the program is not decoding the audio portion of the video clip (MPEG2 file).

I don't have a clue as to what I should do, since this is the first time I have tried to use this program.

"If more than one person knows, it's not a secret." Winston Churchill
secretcodebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008   #2
Administrator

Re: Ulead VideoStudio 10 (no sound)

Never used this particular program...had an old copy of VideoStudio 7 SE, but its been way too long since I even looked at it.

Is the audio an ac3 stream? Perhaps this version of VideoStudio doesn't have support for ac3. Check the codec used in the file with Gspot Video utility or MediaInfo.
Kerry56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008   #3
MyCE Junior Member

I've tried a number of different video clips and NONE of them, when opened with VideoStudio 10 SE produce any sound.

I'm downloading MediaInfo now to see if I can determine the audio codec used in these different clips.

I'd like to take this opportunity to voice my opinion about Corel support. In a word (actually two) IT STINKS.

It not longer supports VideoStudio 10, only 11 the current version. Corel won't except an e-mail by tech support and there is nothing in their knowlegebase about NO SOUND. And they have discontinued their User Forum.

Convinced me not to EVER buy any of their products.

Old 06-01-2010   #4

Hi, I have just loaded my ulead videostudio 10 plus onto my new computer and am having the exact same problem you have outlined. The sound system on my computer is the same as yours - Realtek HD Audio - sound is working fine in all other programs but no sound is coming thru in this program.

Have you managed to solve the problem or do you think the videostudio10 is just not compatible with WINDOWS 7?

If anyone can offer any help I'd be very grateful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretcodebreaker View Post
I just installed Ulead VideoStudio 10 SE (Corel Corp).

It seems to be working OK, except there is no sound when it plays a video clip (Edit Mode).

I've tested my sound system (Realtek HD Audio) and it works fine.

I've played the clip(s) (MPEG2) using Media Player and WinDVD Player and the sound is fine.

I tried changing the volume controls shown on the scene although the default appears to be 100% of normal.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the audio portion of the program is not outputting (connected?) to the PC sound system.

However, if I select the Audio view of the clip the red line is flat which indicates to me that the program is not decoding the audio portion of the video clip (MPEG2 file).

I don't have a clue as to what I should do, since this is the first time I have tried to use this program.
mlovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #5
MyCE Junior Member

It's been more than a year so I'm not sure I can remember what I did to get it working.

First, I'm still on Windows XP so I can't comment of the compatibility issue.

Second, I meant what I said when I was struggling with the NoSound problem -"Convinced me not to EVER buy any of their products. "

So I have Studio 10 SE installed and working (I think) but rarely use it for anything other than video Capture (VHS to MPEG2).

As I recall, the version of Studio 10 SE required two patches, which at that time could be downloaded from their web site.

I doubt either of those two patches are still available and I know that they never released a newer version that was already 'patched' but merely superseded it with Studio 11.

I haven't paid any attention to what they have done since but I suspect that are selling Studio 12 (or higher) by now. Also, they were bought out by another company somewhere along the way and I doubt that was an improvement.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Old 17-08-2010   #6

I have the same trouble but I have got sound when I use Easy Cap and use the phono to USB input. If you import from a DVD (your own material of course) then there is no sound although a file is imported (mpg). If you export this file as a .wav file you will find that is soundless. I suspect the only way to import from a DVD and get sound is to bring your DVD player to your computer and use the phono output of sound. At least I did not pay out big money for VideoStudio (it came with the hardware). The problem seems to be with the importing although I did have a clip which did preview with sound but this was overwritten with a Ulead sound on output. If I had hair I'd be pulling it out!
SteveNewcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011   #7

Hi all, I have just acquired VideoStudio 10 via a purchase of a USB EasyCAP adapter. My OS is 64-bit Win 7 so the included driver didn't work, but I found one that does here:

http://www.sabrent.com/drivers/USB-A...p_For_Win7.zip

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is because I'm having audio problems myself. When I try to capture from a VHS tape, the video looks fine but the audio is over modded and distorted. I found the option that lets you see the volume controls while you're capturing, but it won't let me adjust the volume.

Any ideas how I can fix the volume capture?

Btw, I didn't get a user manual on my installation CD but I found one online here:

http://www.ulead.com/vs/vstudio.pdf
TheRobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011   #8

I just solved this problem last night after several extensive searches on the web. This thread has been going for some time so this may still be a problem. For anyone having this problem, here is the fix that worked thanks to http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...VideoStudio-11
In essence, there is a programming flaw which Corel, the new owner of Ulead, refuses to acknowledge and publish on their web site.
I found that I could hear the sample music in my VideoStudio 10se program when I clicked on the "Audio" button in the "Step Panel" located between the "Title" and "Share" buttons. Click on one of the 3 samples and see if it will play and can be heard. If so, which I found worked, then you probably have the same problem I had.
I am running WinXP Pro. Be sure you are logged in as an Administrator. The author of the fix says this won't work for Vista and 7 but you may have a different experience. I found the file at this path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data (a hidden file)\Ulead Systems\Ulead Video SE\10.0\ Scroll down to the uvs.ini (Configuration Setting file) and open it - double-click. It should open in Notepad.
The directions at the 19th Nov 2009 18:16 entry:

I found a fix for this problem and it works on VS 8-11 for XP users:
1.Make sure showing hidden files is enabled in Explore\Tools\Folder Options.
2.Go to All Users\Application Data\Ulead Systems and locate the uvs.ini file. Open it and go to [VIODRIVER], on PlayAC3 and DecodeAC3 set the value to 1. (You will find it set to 0.)
3.Under [VIODRIVER] add a line called ADVANCE=1, this will add advanced settings for MPEG encoding.
4.Exit and save.

I also added the ADVANCE=1 entry to the [MPEGVIO] section which is immediately above the [VIODRIVER] section because it seemed more relevant. The ADVANCE entry is supposed to affect MPEG encoding and this section appears to deal with mpeg files due to its name.
Hope this helps.
atalldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012   #9

atalldave's fix works very well. Moreover, his instructions were clear, to the point, and very accurate. Works for me now. XP Pro, UVS ver 10. Thank you very much.
ajrjmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012   #10
Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrjmr View Post
atalldave's fix works very well. Moreover, his instructions were clear, to the point, and very accurate. Works for me now. XP Pro, UVS ver 10. Thank you very much.
Glad to hear you got sorted ajrjmr and welcome to the forums.

Wombler
DVDFab/ImgBurn: Choosing the correct Layer Break Position in ImgBurn
DVDFab: BDMV-REC Supported Burners
Reviews: Ideal DVD Copy, Magic DVD Copier, DVDFab DVD Copy v9

Wombler is offline   Reply With Quote