Old 11-09-2006   #1
New on Forum

sony vaio dvd problems

i am 100% forum/it virgin. please be nice.

i have a sony vaio laptop, model vgn-s4z
purchased in england so model actually 'invalid' according to any sony internet support

purchased comp nov 05 --multi drive plays CDs but does not recognise dvds. never has played dvds but was too busy in england to care & send back to sony on warranty

now moved to US and want to fix it. called sony support --uninstalled driver (matshita UJ 832d) and messed around with support on the phone but still dvds not recognised. they said i need to send to service centre ...they will try to change drive but might not be able to because purchased in england. and if they can is is $249 for new drive.

arghhh i dont have that money and this is there fault!!

so... how much is a new driver for this laptop? can i get it fixed anywhere else? (i cant send off my laptop for 10 days ...im a student who needs it)

i dont know what to do

thanks
hyudbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #2
CD Freaks Member

Re: sony vaio dvd problems

You may find some useful information here: http://forum.rpc1.org/search.php?mode=results
type in your drive name and search you might find others have had similar issues. Good Luck
pacmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006   #3
MyCE Resident

Location: Between a rock and a ...bar (usually nearer the bar than the rock)

Go here
http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/s...erie=-1&m=1976
Scroll down to Optical Drives...download your Firmware update for MATSHITA UJ832 optical drive. Download Version (12/5/2005 9:55:39 AM ) : 1.03
Size: 3.07 MB
A Lenovo T410 laptop with i5 & 8GB RAM for the road - a cool old workhorse and well worth the money second-hand with a warranty. Numerous external HDDs by Trekstor, Transcend, Toshiba & WD (total about 16TB). ...and a PC with i7-2600k, 16Gb RAM, Crucial M4 128GB SSD & 2 x 2TB HDDs, W10, and two Dell Ultrasharp U2410 monitors. Canon iP4600 & iX4000 printers, Canon 4200F scanner, Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) phone. GoPro Hero camera. Sony RX100 MkIII (ultimate compact camera!), and Canon 5D MkII camera (fav lens is the 17 - 40mm...don´t waste your money on the 16 - 35 which is as good but double the price), Samyang 14mm, Sigma 120 - 400. Assorted mountain and road racing bikes (one is as pink as this font!) , and a slightly scuffed, black, lowered BMW 316i coupé to impress chicks with... Oh, and bars, locks, electrified door handles, alarms, video surveillance...& sometimes a hungry dog hangs out there too. What else?: Feel free to join my fan club on Facebook as "Dean Nixon Photographer" and on Instagram as "instamann" (just add beer...!).Click here to get to Mordor! Get AnyDVD CloneDVD2 CloneCD here, and don´t forget to read The Rules.
deanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #4
New on Forum

I know this original thread is abit dated but I recently had a problem with Sony Vaio DVD. After much googling I thought I would contribute.

http://www.datarecoveryadvice.org/da..._vaio_DVD.html
greco8523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #5
CD Freaks Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyudbs View Post
i am 100% forum/it virgin. please be nice.

i have a sony vaio laptop, model vgn-s4z
purchased in england so model actually 'invalid' according to any sony internet support

purchased comp nov 05 --multi drive plays CDs but does not recognise dvds. never has played dvds but was too busy in england to care & send back to sony on warranty

now moved to US and want to fix it. called sony support --uninstalled driver (matshita UJ 832d) and messed around with support on the phone but still dvds not recognised. they said i need to send to service centre ...they will try to change drive but might not be able to because purchased in england. and if they can is is $249 for new drive.

arghhh i dont have that money and this is there fault!!

so... how much is a new driver for this laptop? can i get it fixed anywhere else? (i cant send off my laptop for 10 days ...im a student who needs it)

i dont know what to do

thanks
I will give my 2 cents also, Why not buy an external dvd drive if you can afford 100. matshita dvd drives suck and never work correctly so buying an external dvd drive is better than fixing it if you have to pay the money. I never noticed the date this thread is 2 years old sorry for responding to an old thread

Last edited by AGJG; 12-07-2008 at 13:10. Reason: added text
AGJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008   #6
New on Forum

I am trying to locate the original software that came with the Sony Vaio VGN-FE770G. Specifically, Click to DVD & the Roxio Digital Media SE. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
wildfl0wer is offline   Reply With Quote