Old 09-03-2009   #1
New on Forum

Run game without installation?

hi guys !
I was woundering if i could run quake 3, without installation? The local network i want to play this game on dosent allow instaltions BUT does allow to run .exe . I have been able to run counterstrike 2d off .exe, so is this possible for quake 3 ?

Would i need a program to do this ?
mulreadyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #2
CD Freaks Expert

Re: Run game without installation?

My guess is no. The game needs to load graphics for you and those are packed away in the install.

RM
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009   #3
New on Forum

Ahhh...
I was thinking if i instaled the game, then gatherd together all the installed files and somehow, got them to run off a .exe?
The local network that i am on allows files to be unziped, so mabye i can install it manualy by unziping the files ?
Old 13-03-2009   #4
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulreadyz123 View Post
Ahhh...
I was thinking if i instaled the game, then gatherd together all the installed files and somehow, got them to run off a .exe?
The local network that i am on allows files to be unziped, so mabye i can install it manualy by unziping the files ?
I highly doubt you be able to do that unless you were part of the programmers of the software. What your talking is boils down to server-client communication ie like World of Warcraft where the user install the full program on their computer and then link up to the server to play the game. Maybe you should make a server computer that the other computer links up to to play the game from the server.
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009   #5
CD Freaks Expert

The game EXE would have to be written to try the things you suggest.

An EXE will typically look for other files in it's own folder and then maybe the OS path. What you are suggesting would require a new EXE to know how to look for these files in a ZIP or EXE.

I see no way it would be possible.

RM
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009   #6
New on Forum

oh right nevermind then lol, anyway thanks for the help guys