Old 26-12-2008   #1
New on Forum

Recording from TV antenna input to DVD recorder

Hello experts,

I use rooftop antenna and have new HDTV and I want to be able to record television programs to my DVD recorder. The recorder does not have coaxial input/output, how can I record programs?

Also, how can I use my old VCR to record programs from the antenna as well?

Thanks.
JSinMAandAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008   #2
Senior Moderator & Editor

Re: Recording from TV antenna input to DVD recorder

Welcome to CD Freaks, JSinMAandAZ.

Could you please tell us what country you live in, and what the make and model number of your DVD recorder is please.

It's very unlikely that you will be able to record high definition to the recorder, but standard definition may be possible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are new to the internet, have a query about digital storage, or would maybe like to tell us a bit about yourself: just register with us
and try either the Newbie forum or the MyCE Living Room. Alternatively, if you fancy some chit-chat (without technical help),
then you're welcome to use the Chatbox to have a natter to other experienced members and staff.

So what are you waiting for? Click the smiley to join -->
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
imkidd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008   #3
CD Freaks Senior Member

Re: Recording from TV antenna input to DVD recorder

If the recorder doesn't have coaxial inputs, then it likely doesn't have a built-in tuner. So it can only be used to record video inputs from other sources. In which case you would need an external tuner.

Your VCR should have coax inputs. Simply attach your antenna and follow the VCR channel tuning setup (covered in the user manual).