Old 14-11-2005   #1
New on Forum

Playstation 2 (PS2) Format CD

My son has an issue with his PS2 ... and it requires the Playstation Format disk/CD to resolve the issue. He can't find it ... and everyone he asks who has a PS2 can't find theirs either. Does anyone know how we can get our hands on one ?
time2smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2005   #2
CDFreaks Resident

Re: Playstation 2 (PS2) Format CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2smile
it requires the Playstation Format disk/CD to resolve the issue. He can't find it
Welcome to the forum time2smile, for some strange reason I can’t find mine one either I think the Playstation Format disk is the original PS2 game DVD or CD. I think your PS2 is looking for a original PS2 game DVD or CD, just try and put a original one in and see if that resolves the issue.
coathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2005   #3
CDFreaks Resident

Is this a hard drive issue? In that case, maybe you just have to put in a hard-drive enabled game? I haven't played with the PS2 hard drive enough.

There is no OTHER problem with a PS2 which requires anything called a "format disc". In fact, I've never heard of such a thing.
Gurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2005   #4
MyCE Resident

If you put in a backup disc without a modchip the consol asks for a playstation format disc (in other words an original playstation disc)
Old 04-05-2008   #5
New on Forum

I have come into the same issue. It asks for a PS or PS2 format disk. This happened when I inserted Final fantasy tactics (an old PS game) When I put in other games it works but not that one, is there a way to fix it so I can play FFT?
Zeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009   #6
New on Forum

I'm sorry, but this is just too ridiculous. Someone should have figured this out. A Playstation / Playstation 2 format disc is a disc in the format used by the PS/PS2, in other words, an original, from the manufacturer PS/PS2 disc. Tell your son to quit bootlegging video games, its illegal.
Some older PS games don't work on the the PS2 (my FFVIII discs don't, but dino crisis I/II do, and I haven't tried FFVII)
Also, if the laser is dirty, it will cause this too. The alcohol swabs they use in hospitals work great for cleaning the laser (available in walgreens).
CMan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009   #7
RCM
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMan87 View Post
I'm sorry, but this is just too ridiculous. Someone should have figured this out. A Playstation / Playstation 2 format disc is a disc in the format used by the PS/PS2, in other words, an original, from the manufacturer PS/PS2 disc. Tell your son to quit bootlegging video games, its illegal.
Some older PS games don't work on the the PS2 (my FFVIII discs don't, but dino crisis I/II do, and I haven't tried FFVII)
Also, if the laser is dirty, it will cause this too. The alcohol swabs they use in hospitals work great for cleaning the laser (available in walgreens).
I believe if you make a backup copy of a game you OWN it's not illegal as long as you don't sell the copied one