Old 03-11-2007   #1
CD Freaks Junior Member

playback feature may not be available on this disk???

Hi guys,
Just bought a new computer with Vista. After a couple weeks of trying to backup my dvds i finally figured out that my old nero 6 was no good and upgraded to nero 8. Using dvd shrink and nero 8 i would go through the process of backing up my disk just as i have over the past 3-4 years. Only now for some reason my backups with only play in computers. Every stand alone dvd player I try I get a message that says "disk error: Play back feature may not be available on this disk". Was just wondering if anybody knew how i could fix this?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ryanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #2
CD Freaks Junior Member

Re: playback feature may not be available on this disk???

Oh and I use Taiyo Yuden -r dvds and I know my dvd players play these disks just fine. Dont know if that helps
ryanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #3
Senior Moderator, Editor and Guru

Re: playback feature may not be available on this disk???

To exclude a software issue, try this: Save an ISO file with DVD Shrink, and then burn the ISO with nero or any burning software you like (I suggest to use ImgBurn).

This should solve.
User guide for ImgBurn in BUILD mode English version - Italian version

Please do not ask questions via PM. Post in the forum instead. Thanks
Per favore, non chiedete consigli o suggerimenti tramite PM. Usate invece il forum (che serve proprio per questo).
KTPHTT
geno888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanch View Post
Hi guys,
Just bought a new computer with Vista. After a couple weeks of trying to backup my dvds i finally figured out that my old nero 6 was no good and upgraded to nero 8. Using dvd shrink and nero 8 i would go through the process of backing up my disk just as i have over the past 3-4 years. Only now for some reason my backups with only play in computers. Every stand alone dvd player I try I get a message that says "disk error: Play back feature may not be available on this disk". Was just wondering if anybody knew how i could fix this?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I rented a dvd from a red box and when I put the dvd in my dvd player it gave me that same message. So I called red box customer service and was told that a blu ray dvd will not play in a regular dvd player. I did not know the dvd I rented was blu ray because it was not labeled blu ray. To play a blu ray dvd you have to use a blu ray dvd player.
Hashanna-Montalvo is offline   Reply With Quote