Old 03-11-2004   #1
New on Forum

PC-DVD ROM Game to CD ROM help!!!!

Ok here's my question.

Is there a way to copy a PC-DVD rom game to one or more CD roms? A 1-1 copy would be great but I think impossible though, so could anyone pls say to me if theres a way to just copy at least, like as a first step to the 1-1 copy, using a dvd-driver and cd burner? One option I consider is splitting the game into more than one cd's. Can this happen? And if yes how? Another option is to get rid of things you dont want, like different language files but would the setup of the game and the game itsself work?

Any help appreciated!!!!

I think I've searched enough but for my bad luck I only found threads (in other sites) about ps2 dvd copy to cd,which obviously doesnt fit me, or dvd movie rip guides

Thanxs in advanced!!
[Insomniac] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004   #2
Top Referrer

Re: PC-DVD ROM Game to CD ROM help!!!!

hmmm... dont think this would work, i tried turning the farcry dvd into some cds once, problem is that the setup files will be wrong, and often a single data2.cab (where installshield games main data is kept) can be much larger than a cd anyway.

the only way i can think of to turn a dvd game into some cds would be to make a image file, and then use a file splitter (ie WinRAR) to compress it in 650MB chunks, and then unzip at the other end.

regards,

ben
Old 03-11-2004   #3
CD Freaks Senior Member

It may work, depending on the title.....What game are you talking about ?
Old 04-11-2004   #4
New on Forum

Well the game that got me to post is called "Athens 2004", its the olympics game, first out for ps2 and now out in pc-dvd too. There are different language setup files, and different language data files. The thing is though that there is also a universal data file about 900 mb so as said above, it doesnt fit in a single cd.

I dont really know if its worth the fuss but well for one thing it got me stuck and for another, lately I came across several different titles in pc-dvd (latest fashion I assume), for example pro evolution soccer 3, myst 4, etc. so I would like to prepare myself for the future.

Hope theres a way out all of this!!
Old 04-11-2004   #5
CD Freaks Expert

The best and not so expensive solution is to bite the bullet and get a DVD burner.
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004   #6
New on Forum

That sure is true RichMan but well, I thought I should give the harder way a try first. Its the effort thing! Just like you don't just run and buy at once, a cd twice just because the copy protection is hard to deal with .
Old 21-12-2004   #7
New on Forum

Rom HELP!!

I am writing to you to find out some information that I've been trying to get everywhere but noone seems to truely know so I was hoping you'd be able to help me. I was wondering if you know if it is possible to take a computer rom game " ex. Sega Cd " and record the game to regular disc and than play it in the actual system itself rather than on the computer. Here's what I am trying to do. I have several games that have been scratched throughout time and won't play anymore and I do have the emulators and roms for the computer however I do not like to play them on the computer I'd rather play them in the system itself. and I was wondering if it is possible to play a rom game into an actual system like the sega cd consol. I really hope to hear from someone soon. Thank yous and happy holidays~

Malicious
Smilesatanluvsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #8
New on Forum

wow 3 years later with a solution...

i had the same problem, i was trying to copy battlefield 2142 (a PC DVD-ROM game) i was having trouble finding a copying program for it, i eventually found Alcohol 120% and it works perfectly
11.57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #9
MyCE Resident

Lame, 3 years later and still not bought an dvd drive...

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote