Old 27-08-2009   #1
New on Forum

need to convert a udf file into a reg dvd stand

Question :

I have a light scribe verbatim DVD+R 16x with a video, tv show ect. on it from Australia in a UDF format. I can't play it at all on my computer or DVD player. I need to be able to convert it to a USA or Canadian DVD standard so it will play in my DVD player. How do I do that ??????
djflipout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: need to convert a udf file into a reg dvd stand

What OS are you using? What software DVD player are you using on your computer? Try VLC to play the disk on your computer.
Check this article from MS -- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321640/en-us. The fact that it's UDF shouldn't be a problem, but you don't know which version was used when the disk was created. As for converting Pal to Ntsc there are several freeware apps available, here is one --
http://avanti.arrozcru.com/#features. Are you certain the disk isn't damaged?
Whappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009   #3
New on Forum

I don't think the disc is screwed because when I put it though dvd 1 click & clone dvd 2 you can see the video. It just won't burn or play. I have a Sony dvd player that I payed about $300 from the sony store. I've had it for a few years now and it plays vcd, dvd+r, dvd - r plus some others. I was told it's because they burn it as a UDF HD DVD Video. I don't care if it plays on my computer , I want it to be able to play on my dvd player.
Old 28-08-2009   #4
MyCE Resident

Your computer has to be able to read the disk if you want to copy to your hard drive for conversion to NTSC. What happens when you try to just "Explore" the disk? Can you just copy what is there to your hard drive? Is this a copy protected commercial DVD? When you say your programs can "see" the video, what file extension does it have?
Whappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009   #5
Administrator

Can you extract the file to the hard drive using ISOBuster?
Kerry56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009   #6
New on Forum

O.K. a little more info I even tried Roxio 6 where it has a dvd bulder. That did work, but no sound. it said the audio or some of the audio is in a AC 3 format. I do know quite a bit about computers and software, but this UDF, AC 3 ?? When I have tried to burn another copy from the original or even putting the original in my dvd player it comes up sayin playback prohibited by area limitations.

From what I've heard and read up on so far it seems like if I use AVS 6.3 Video Converter, it can convert the UDF to NTSC with the sound too I hope. The next thing is using the free trial version of AVS it's going to leave a watermark message through the video. Need to find a free or a crack that will work for the full version.

ANYBODY GOT ANY INPUT TO ALL OF THIS ?????
Old 30-08-2009   #7
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
Can you extract the file to the hard drive using ISOBuster?

WHAT IS ISOBUSTER ?????
Old 30-08-2009   #8
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whappo View Post
What OS are you using? What software DVD player are you using on your computer? Try VLC to play the disk on your computer.
Check this article from MS -- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321640/en-us. The fact that it's UDF shouldn't be a problem, but you don't know which version was used when the disk was created. As for converting Pal to Ntsc there are several freeware apps available, here is one --

My OS is Windows XP. Both top and bottom DVD burners are Sony.
Old 30-08-2009   #9
New on Forum

Quote:
Your computer has to be able to read the disk if you want to copy to your hard drive for conversion to NTSC. What happens when you try to just "Explore" the disk? Can you just copy what is there to your hard drive? Is this a copy protected commercial DVD? When you say your programs can "see" the video, what file extension does it have?

When I click on EXPLORE it brings me to the Video _ TS folder.
Old 30-08-2009   #10
Administrator

Djflipout...you cannot ask for information on cracks for commercial programs here on these forums. That is a violation of the rules, and can get your thread locked, and you suspended or even banned.

ISOBuster is a program for extracting data from cds and dvds that are difficult to read. I believe for UDF files, you would have to buy the full version of the program, instead of just using the free version.

Have you tried following Whappo's advice, to explore the disk, and just do a simple copy and paste of the contents to the hard drive? That would be my first step...getting it to the hard drive to work with.

Edit: Ok, you can see the Video_TS file...right click on it and hit Copy, then go to a folder on the hard drive where you want the video and hit Paste.
Old 30-08-2009   #11
New on Forum

Quote:

I downloaded VLC media player and it works on my computer video & sound, but I want to be able to re burn it and have it work on my DVD player. Video & sound also works on AVS DVD player for the computer.
Old 30-08-2009   #12
Administrator

Once you have the video on the hard drive you should be able to reencode it to NTSC specifications using something like DVDFlick, or AVStoDVD, or FAVC. All will produce a new dvd for you, with a menu if you like, ready to burn to a disk.
Old 30-08-2009   #13
New on Forum

after I copy and paste from explore ... then what ?? I'm sorry for the personal messages for help if thats whats happing. I'm new to this site and just learning where everything is.
Old 30-08-2009   #14
New on Forum

would it work with 1 click dvd, anydvd hd, clone dvd 2 ??
Old 30-08-2009   #15
Administrator

Install AVStoDVD. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD Go into the settings in AVStoDVD and make sure to set output to NTSC. You'll actually find this under Preferences-->Audio/Video Tab.

Open the Video_TS folder and import the all the .vob files (VTS_01_1 through however many you have). You import video into AVStoDVD by clicking the green + sign in the main window of the program.

Go to Menu Editor to adjust how you want the menu to look. Once done, just close the pop up window.

Click Start. Examine the settings that appear and make sure it is what you want. Then proceed to make the new dvd.
Old 01-09-2009   #16
New on Forum

going crazy

I'm going real nuts ... I have a DVD that has the video in UDF format & the audio in AC3 format and I've tried everything and I can't get it to work on my DVD player. And then when I do get it to work on my DVD player video wise, there's no sound ??? I have a program called any DVD converter, so I converted the video, but I don't know what to do next. Is there not a program out there where you can pretty much just put the original video in the computer open up a converter program .... convert and right after just hit burn and it will burn you a new copy in NTSC with the audio and everything all working ?????? Nice & easy just 1 click ?????
Old 01-09-2009   #17
New on Forum

help

My DVD player is a Sony, I've had it now for about 4 to 5 years now top of the line back then. Reads pretty much everything vcd, dvd-r, dvd+r, cd ect.

On my computer my OS is Windows XP with 2 Sony burners & a HP computer.
Old 01-09-2009   #18
Administrator

No need to make new threads on this subject djflipout. I've merged them into the old one.

Did you try AVStoDVD or DVDFlick or FAVC?
Old 01-09-2009   #19
CD Freaks Rookie

Re: going crazy

can try dvd flick.need to do more than one click,but it will convert then burn it.download it.install it.when you run it,click add title on the right.browse to the location where your video to be converted etc.is located.click on it once,then select open.once your file is added,select project settings on top of the window.in the next window,select the size of the blank disc you are using(it will be 4.3 for single layer or select(by clicking the little arrow in the box)dvd dl-7.9gb for a double layer disc.in the encoder box,select normal.on the left click burning.then click the box-burn to disc.then select speed(burning speed)can also click the box eject disc when done.then click accept.then click create dvd on top of the main window.will get a message to make sure there is a blank disc in drive.click okay.then the process will start.depending on the size of the movie and the power of your computer,it will take a while.i use this program and it works good.so i hope this helps.have a good one.
greyaburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009   #20
New on Forum

ok i have avstodvd open what do I do if you could help me step by step that would be good
Old 01-09-2009   #21
CD Freaks Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflipout View Post
ok i have avstodvd open what do I do if you could help me step by step that would be good
click the plus button(add title) on the left.browse to where you have the video file.click on it once,then select open.then click the little arrow next to output on top of main window.select burn dvd.then in the bottom left corner click start.(the default size of blank disc is 4.7.if you want to use a double layer disc,on top of the main window will see dvd size.click on the little arrow then select dvd 9)never used this program before.just downloaded it to see how it worked.can click on the help box on the main window if you need more help.hope this helps,have a good one.
Old 01-09-2009   #22
CD Freaks Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyaburton View Post
click the plus button(add title) on the left.browse to where you have the video file.click on it once,then select open.then click the little arrow next to output on top of main window.select burn dvd.then in the bottom left corner click start.(the default size of blank disc is 4.7.if you want to use a double layer disc,on top of the main window will see dvd size.click on the little arrow then select dvd 9)never used this program before.just downloaded it to see how it worked.can click on the help box on the main window if you need more help.hope this helps,have a good one.
will also have to remove the created dvd file after your done.look in your documents folder.should see a folder dvd..thats the files that were created and need to remove them if you dont need them anymore.