Old 19-06-2009   #1
New on Forum

My TV won't turn on! please help! (Samsung LE-40A436T1DXXU 40'' LCD TV)

I was trying to program my universal remote because we dont have the regular remote for the tv. I followed the instructions someone gave me and the tv turned off but for some reason the tv is not turning back on and the person's instructions said that the tv has to be on in order to program the remote. What do I do? Please help thank you.
Layla0514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009   #2
Administrator

Re: My TV won't turn on! please help!

Have you examined the tv for a manual power button? Most tvs have them, even if they are not in an obvious spot.
Kerry56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009   #3
New on Forum

the power button was damaged or something like that the only way to turn it on is by the remote. Thank you for taking time out though I appreciate it.
Layla0514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009   #4
Senior Moderator

You may have to get a different universal remote control that has a list of codes you can manually enter. To find the right code, all you would have to do is go through the list, pressing the power button on the new remote after entering each code per directions.

Or maybe your current universal remote does indeed have a list of codes [alongside a full manual] available somewhere online for it. This might be kind of difficult to find when it comes to some brands, but what brand and model is the current universal remote?
Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009   #5
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla0514 View Post
the power button was damaged or something like that
I hope the malfunctioning button isn't causing an electrical shortout in the internals of the tv. Your tv could start a house fire! Have it checked!

As for the remote.. most universal programmable remotes can cycle through all the combinations possible. Have it zapping your tv until it switches on. Could take about 30 minutes.
Old 19-06-2009   #6
MyCE Resident

The TV doesn't have to be on to do the remote code search procedure.At least for most universal remotes.
It is better if you have a manual that came with the remote that will have a list for the brand of TV.Try those first.
If that doesn't work then there are remote control web sites that may help with more information.
So basically just run through the same procedure again & the TV should turn back on.
Usually you need to know the complete procedure because on my universal remote you have to hold the set button down until it blinks twice to lock in the code.
The one you are working with may have a different methode to lock in the code.
cholla is offline   Reply With Quote