Old 20-05-2010   #1

Moving data from Dish 722 DVR to DVD Recorder

I just got Dish TV, and have a 722 DVR. I want to be able to archive some of the programs to a DVD recorder. I would like to know if anyone can help me with this. Since I know it's easy with Directv, there must be some way to do this or I can't imagine why anyone would stay with Dish any longer than they have to. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
netherlandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010   #2
Senior Moderator & Editor

Re: Moving data from Dish 722 DVR to DVD Recorder

What outputs do you have available on the DVR? Something like S-Video?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are new to the internet, have a query about digital storage, or would maybe like to tell us a bit about yourself: just register with us
and try either the Newbie forum or the MyCE Living Room. Alternatively, if you fancy some chit-chat (without technical help),
then you're welcome to use the Chatbox to have a natter to other experienced members and staff.

So what are you waiting for? Click the smiley to join -->
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
imkidd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010   #3

Okay, I am reading from the manual, which is as follows: USB Port (Connect to multimedia devices); Audio/Video Output (High-quality standard-definition connection to your TV audio and video input); YPbPr/Component Output (Optional connection to your high0definition TV video output).
netherlandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010   #4
Senior Moderator & Editor

Re: Moving data from Dish 722 DVR to DVD Recorder

Does the back of your 722 look like this:

http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departme...over/722.shtml

If so, you might be able to connect a DVD recorder via the S-Video to record the video output, and the audio via the red/black phono plugs nearby. However the video output signal may be copy-protected so you should find out from Dish whether this is the case. Remember also that only standard definition content can be recorded in this way.

I think the USB port is for attaching an extra hard disk, but needs activating for a fee from Dish. You could record to that external disk, but whether software exists to get it back off, is another matter.

There is the PocketDish media player, which I think enables you to transfer recordings from the main unit to the player for viewing elsewhere.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are new to the internet, have a query about digital storage, or would maybe like to tell us a bit about yourself: just register with us
and try either the Newbie forum or the MyCE Living Room. Alternatively, if you fancy some chit-chat (without technical help),
then you're welcome to use the Chatbox to have a natter to other experienced members and staff.

So what are you waiting for? Click the smiley to join -->
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
imkidd57 is offline   Reply With Quote