Old 23-05-2002   #1
Management

Introduce yourself: Say hi !

For those who would think to spend more time on our forums, feeel free to introduce yourself in this thread, tell us something about your daily life, age, job, family, education, computer or whatever you think is intresting !

Also if you have already been a member for some time feel free to post below.

If you'd like to have a chat with other people on this forum then we would like to welcome you to our Livingroom. Altough there are a lot of people who have been around here for a while they will welcome you with open arms. They will remember they were once new to this place as well!

Don't forget we do have some rules and be sure to read the announcements you will find on every forum. They will make sure our frequent visitors don't have to answer the same questions over and over again.

We would also like to encourage everyone to contribute to the CD Freaks Wiki a knowlegde base build by our users for our users.

Last edited by DoMiN8ToR; 08-08-2005 at 22:52.
DoMiN8ToR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2002   #2
MyCE Senior Member

Hi

My name is Vishtaspa Sethna. I live in india. finished college in 2000. did a computer course for about 2 1/2 years. found that i was really interested in computers. have one for about 6 years now. i dont buy original CDs cause its just too costly for me. currently i am working for HDFC. its a temporary job working on a system called VAX. i am in the loan Recoveries department. cant say i like the job but its my first one anyway. i check this site out everyday and although i dont have much to contribute by means of information, i am really really crazy about this site. its great to know whats the latest happennings in market. the people here are great specially taxman, dominator, futureproof and the whole gang.
i like being here.
vishtaspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2002   #3
CDFreaks Resident

Edited bad language

Hi....i say...lol

Damian dimitri (my nick name).......i am 30 years old

living in the netherlands, next to the german border.

If i could sleep on a computer i would do it...but till now i prefer a bed....what i try to say is..i can't live without it. I need to do something with my comp..every day....sometimes i just put it on...and shut it down....(call me crazy)

I am working as a quality engineer in a factory.

I like playing online games like, ghostrecon, mohaa and global ops...waiting to get my copy of soldier of fortune 2.

Hobbies.....hmm....drinking beer, going out...watching dvd's on my hometheater.

Why i come here...?? i just want to know everything about computers and cd burning.....always like to try stuff i read here....
that is why i have to install windows once in the 2 weeks...lol
just f*****g around till it crashes..hehehe

Lways like to help people with stuff i learned and spread the knowledge we have here.

by the way.....thanx to every one who is involved with this forum...i need to look at it every day (about 20 times)

cu

Last edited by Wombler; 29-01-2013 at 15:37.
damiandimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2002   #4
CDFreaks Resident

Been a freak for a while and alsways like to help others when I can, i remember what it was like opening that first cd-rw drive box (like christmas) and wondering what the hell I got into.

Look at the orange button at the top 6th over from the left. It says Search. You can use this to help !!!!
cloakdoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2002   #5
CD Freaks Member

hehehe

Hi Guys and gals?

Well im 40 years old now - getting on abit i know but still a big kid at heart .
Im also a quality engineer in the motor industry - mainly making interior trim / seating for the jaguars .
Been married twice before and going for a third CRACKat it next year - new model - no really i like wedding cake ..hehehe

Mind you probably have a ferrari 360 by now for what its cost me in women

Any way Love football - England = WORLD CUP + WINNERS
Also follow Liverpool in the normal season campaign.
Secondly love motorsport F1 and World Rally Champ.
And YES always visit cdfreaks whenever i get the chance - i get round my pc pretty much ok but find loads of great advice on here from you lot and again try to pass on any good info

Hopeing to upgrade my pc very soon to the elite model on www.nethighstreet.com but with amd2100 and 512 ddr ram - loadsa money eh..
Enjoy messing with pc to see what i can and cant do .. hehehe.

Anyway if you want some advice on Women Dont ask me as i'm still trying to figure out how they work or where they come from - STRANGE CREATURES

Best of luck to you all...
1gb OCZ VX Extreme memory
Zalman HSF Cu 7000
GEFORCE 6800 ultra
S/BLASTER AUDIGY
CREATIVE 5300 SPEAKERS
Samsung 352b DVDROM/Combo
LITY 832s
snout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2002   #6
MyCE Resident

I am just hanging out here, trying to impress the brass of this forum, but judging from the status they have given me I am not really successful there it seems

I am trying hard to improve the world, but sometimes it seems nearly impossible on this forum. People are not mindless creatures of this planet, but most of the times they appear to be.

My ultimate goal (my ideal if you will) will be that people start thinking for themselves, have them do a little research of their own, instead of relying on another person to solve all their problems (am tired of being that other person )

So my replies may appear to be blunt sometimes, do not take that (too) personally, it is only intended to help you help yourself. Kind of Fiar trade tries to do in Third World countries, in the end it is far more beneficial to all parties involved to practice fair trade and teach others to help themselves, so they can become self sustaining.

As you can see, this is a tough mission and I hope I can count on you to help me

Welcome to this forum!
Smart@$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2002   #7
MyCE Resident

As you might notice, Smart@$$ and Da_Taxman share the same higher goal for this Forum , that is probably because they are friends and know each other in real life.

Old 25-05-2002   #8
CD Freaks Junior Member

Good day to you!

Hi!
Im Al Bags, and been skulking arund here a while, but now Ive joined. I will have plenty of questions, so beware!! I usually recommend this site on a couple of newsgroups I subscribe to, and I dont really know enough myself. Im the "wrong" side of 40, but a kid at heart, and altho not married, Ive been out with a few young chicks, so that keeps me sorted!
Im a petroleum engineer and also a builder, which is family blood, but did my time in the RAF on aircraft between 1976 and 1995, so any questions about Tornado, Red arrows..........!!!!
Im in the UK not far from Banbury (as in the famous rhyme about Banbury Cross)
At home I play with this box endlessly, built most myself-P3/Win98SE/IE6/Atapi CDRom/Cyberdr. CDRW. Software-Got rid of ECDC and DCD including all the leftover stuff on uninstall ( Grrrrrrr !! ) I have Nero 5.5.8.2 and CloneCD. (latest)
I have a Sony dv cam (dig+ana in/outs), and trying to suss as a webcam at the moment, cant do it yet(any ideas?)
Just started burning stuff, but its quite complicated-everything at once for a relative newbie!! No coasters yet, but I only did multi-sess. files so far.
Al Bags.
Al Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2002   #9
MyCE Resident

Hi !

Hi !
Old 25-05-2002   #10
Letiled Modelatol

Mr. Belvedere, your site really is strange... Maybe cause it's
Quote:
Welcome to Mr. Belvedere's strange hideout
The introducing part, I live in Sweden and should read on my chemistry (I have a preliminary exam on tuesday) but I think I will stay here...
  • bcn_246: "Wales are shitty animals to, all they do is swim around and make funny noises that people cant hear."
  • You really should join us on IRC! IrcNet, #cdfreaks-int | Or go here
  • Fear my massive avatar history log! Not updated!
  • "But do they keep increasing in size like mine?" - kwkard
Airhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2002   #11
CDFreaks Resident

yeah....strange butt nice webside...especialy the OP part..

(good luck with your exam Airhead)
Old 25-05-2002   #12
Retired Senior Moderator

Well here goes ...

My name is Kostas and i live in Athens (most of the time that is!). I' m 25 and a med student . I' ve lived in Budapest too for 2 years (as an exchange student). I am getting a degree hopefully this year - that is if you guys "let me" study a bit!
The thing is i spent more time messing with with my pc and surfing through cdfreaks than studying ... sometimes i wonder why i didn't choose computer engineering instead
Treating "sick" computers is as important as treating sick people don't you think?

*Hemi HATES wallpapers AND pickles* ........ never forget that

*There is one thing more evil than pickles, and that is STATISTICS...*
Hemispasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2002   #13
No longer with us

Ok, I believe there is already some bio of me on this forum and I doubt this thread was intended for veterans like myself...

Can't even remember the time I first came to visit this site, all I can remember is registering to this forum one day and never leaving afterwards. Although I tried to drop out here, CD Freaks kept pulling me back further into this community.

Unfortunately my spare time has only decreased in the past year due to my job as a tax consultant for one of the international leading firms in its field as well as my getting my university degree (graduation is now scheduled for this August). Therefore, my involvement with this site has shifted more to the background, but I doubt I will ever leave.

As for the rest of my personal data, I live in the Netherlands and am almost 28 years of age (see our calendar for mroe details ). I think that if you want to know more about me, you can use the search, because there is a lot of info to be found that way
Da_Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2002   #14
CDFreaks Resident

Are you working for PHilips ...Da_Taxman???
Old 25-05-2002   #15
No longer with us

Quote:
Originally posted by damiandimitri
Are you working for PHilips ...Da_Taxman???
Since when is Philips one of the leading international firms in tax consultancy?
Da_Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2002   #16
Lord of the Strings

Well hi everybody. I'm 19 years old, live in belgium and study modern history (that's why I believe there should be some history of CD Freaks on the site). I started this year of with studying computer science but didn't like it. I've been visiting CD Freaks for years (as you can see, I registered very early). at first I only went to the main site, but since a couple of months I'm a huge fan of the forum.

I like good discussions (politics,...) so you'll find me mostly in the general chat fora (English or Dutch). If anybody wants more info, just ask.

http://www.mandrivaclub.nl

Chat with fellow freakers (and meet the famous Ruff-Next): IRCnet > #cdfreaks (Dutch) & #cdfreaks-int

Last edited by dansmug; 25-05-2002 at 20:45.
dansmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2002   #17
Retired Admin

Hi, I'm Wookie and after Episode 6 of Star Wars was shot I became jobless and stranded here!
Wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2002   #18
Lord of the Strings

Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie
Hi, I'm Wookie and after Episode 6 of Star Wars was shot I became jobless and stranded here!
Not quite. After episode VI the saga continued (with Admiral Thrawn as the new bad guy). In this three episodes you took a trip to your homeplanet Kashyyyk. Have you forgotten already

Chat with fellow freakers (and meet the famous Ruff-Next): IRCnet > #cdfreaks (Dutch) & #cdfreaks-int
Old 25-05-2002   #19
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
my job as a tax consultant for one of the international leading firms in its field

sorry...da-taxman...could not make that out of this line....
but now i get it

now i will answer your question: since 2003...lol
Old 25-05-2002   #20
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally posted by Da_Taxman

Since when is Philips one of the leading international firms in tax consultancy?
Haven't seen you around Taxman
Old 25-05-2002   #21
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally posted by Airhead
Mr. Belvedere, your site really is strange... Maybe cause it's

The introducing part, I live in Sweden and should read on my chemistry (I have a preliminary exam on tuesday) but I think I will stay here...
Glad you like it

Good luck with the exam
Old 26-05-2002   #22
Retired Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by dansmug
Not quite. After episode VI the saga continued (with Admiral Thrawn as the new bad guy). In this three episodes you took a trip to your homeplanet Kashyyyk. Have you forgotten already
I only seen the movies which where in the theatres, haven't read any books. And it doesn't say anything about an episode VII on starwars.com!
Old 26-05-2002   #23
Lord of the Strings

Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie

I only seen the movies which where in the theatres, haven't read any books. And it doesn't say anything about an episode VII on starwars.com!
Yep, I know. The books are written by someone else than Lucas, but he supports them. Also several characters in the book have been used by Lucasarts in some games like Rebellion, Jediknight. Also, some character information on the site goes back to the books. (for example: the children of Leia and Han Solo, the relation of Luke and Mara Jade, ... But hey, whatever, I was just trying to be funny.

Old 26-05-2002   #24
Retired Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by dansmug

Yep, I know. The books are written by someone else than Lucas, but he supports them. Also several characters in the book have been used by Lucasarts in some games like Rebellion, Jediknight. Also, some character information on the site goes back to the books. (for example: the children of Leia and Han Solo, the relation of Luke and Mara Jade, ... But hey, whatever, I was just trying to be funny.
Never knew this! Thx 4 da info.
But enough with the offtopic talk!
Old 27-05-2002   #25
CD Freaks Junior Member

To- ***** HBURROWS83*****

Still pissed then, me old mate ? (your message..." Hi " 230502 )

Get yerself associated with this thread, and youll be into the real world a lot sooner, old mucka !!!

Stick around, youll learn a lot!

Al Bags
Al Bags is offline   Reply With Quote

« Convertxtodvd | - »