Old 31-08-2008   #1
New on Forum

icy box media player

I recently purchased an Icy Box IB-MP302 and an Hitatchi SATA 2 500gb HDD for playing movies on TV. I have 2 questions
1. How is HDD insatalled in Icy Box?
2. Windows Vista Home Premium will tell me what the HDD is but will not display as a HDD. The HDD requires formatting and partitioning but I cant do this until I can see the thing on the screen. It may work properly with Windows XP but I have a laptop which will not let me load XP over Vista.

I hope I have not wasted my money on which may turn out to be a White Elephant.
legweak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #2
Senior Moderator & Editor

Re: icy box media player

Unfortunately that Icy Box unit looks like it has an IDE disk interface, which your drive (that has a SATA disk interface) won't be able to connect to.

See if you can exchange the SATA for an IDE drive and then we can help you with the disk recognition/formatting problem.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are new to the internet, have a query about digital storage, or would maybe like to tell us a bit about yourself: just register with us
and try either the Newbie forum or the MyCE Living Room. Alternatively, if you fancy some chit-chat (without technical help),
then you're welcome to use the Chatbox to have a natter to other experienced members and staff.

So what are you waiting for? Click the smiley to join -->
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
imkidd57 is offline   Reply With Quote