Old 31-07-2003   #1
CD Freaks Member

How to test burned DVD?

I recently purchased a DVD+RW drive and want to test the burned discs to make sure the data is intact. How do I do that? I have been going into Nero CD Speed and clicking the "Start" button to run the tests, does that test the disc to make sure it works?
scottmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2003   #2
Retired Administrator

Well, Nero CD speed isn't designed to test the quality of written/pressed DVDs. By using Nero CD/DVD speed, you can see if a disc is readable, and you'll notice when the drive runs into big troubles (huge slowdown when reading), but it's not a very good test.

What kind of DVD drives are in your computer? If you have a LiteOn drive, you can make use of the beautiful K-probe program...
Dee-ehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2003   #3
CD Freaks Member

The drive is a Memorex (rebadged Ricoh I think.) No other DVD drives, read or write. On a lot of my discs, the drive slows down, especially towards the end. Is that a problem? The discs I have been using are Memorex and Fujifilm branded Ricoh media.
scottmso is offline   Reply With Quote