Old 13-08-2006   #1
New on Forum

How do I mount the image file?

First let me say that I have no idea what I'm doing. I mean, I'm really clueless!

I downloaded a PC game, and have no idea how to get it going. The instructions seemed simple, and probably are, but I'm lost.

1. Unrar image file
2. Mount or burn
3. Install and play

I extracted the winrar archive file, but then what do I do? How do I mount the image file? All I can do is extract it. Am I making any sense?

Can somebody please explain?
Old 13-08-2006   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: I'm so confused.

Do you have a CD/DVD burner? Is the image intended to be a CD or DVD? Do you have an image burning program such as Imgburn or CD-speed by NERO (both freeware)? If so, you should be able to burn the image to a CD-R. If not, there is a freeware (for personal use) virtual drive program called Deamon Tools that will create an emulated disk drive on your computer and allow you to "mount" an image (sort of the same thing as "inserting a disk" into a hardware DVD/CD drive. Regards, gamma1.
Old 13-08-2006   #3
MyCE Resident

Re: I'm so confused.

what game is it and where was the PC game downloaded from? i can't think of any game sites that distribute via .rar files.

also not sure why you're unraring an image. you unrar a rar archive. you mount an image.
Old 14-08-2006   #4
MyCE Resident

Re: How do I mount the image file?

Quote:
I downloaded a PC game, and have no idea how to get it going. The instructions seemed simple, and probably are, but I'm lost.

1. Unrar image file
2. Mount or burn
3. Install and play
This is clearly an illegal task and also download.

Please read and follow the forum rules.

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
Closed Thread