Old 25-11-2005   #1
New on Forum

How do I convert MP3 files to CDA audio files?

I need to make a audio cd that will play on my car cd player. The only file format that will work is cda. All my files on my pc are MP3. So is there a file converter program that will do this. Also My old stereo system plays the regular cd's that you buy from the store, they are cda format, but it will not play the cda cd that I created a while back from my pc. I cannot find a mp3 to cda converting program.
cajunmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005   #2
Retired Moderator

Re: How do I convert MP3 files to CDA audio files?

there's really no such thing as converting mp3 to cda. a "cda" file isn't really a file, but just a representation of the track on the audio cd. what you want is converting mp3 to wav (or wave), which should be easy to find. pretty much all modern cd authoring programs (such as nero) will allow you to directly drag and drop mp3s into the audio cd layout and will convert on the fly to cd audio while burning.

I don't respond to questions through PM that should be asked in the forum
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005   #3
MyCE Resident

If you don't have Nero then I'd recommend Burrrn (www.burrrn.net) as an excellent Audio CD burner. In fact even with Nero I'd still use burrrn.

You just add the mp3 files & it'll convert as part of the burn process.

Bear in mind that some car stereo systems will not play CD-R. The manual might help there. However, if you use quality media ( I'd recommend Verbatim Pastels & Super AZO) with either a CD writer or LG/Benq DVD writer then you should have success. I've said LG/Benq as these work fo rme , whereas my older NEC 1100 & 2500 wouldn't do it.

I've found that media quality is more important than burn speed but many would suggest burning at no more than 24 speed.
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005   #4
New on Forum

I recomend you use Musicmatch Jukebox http://www.musicmatch.com/ There is a free version that does everything you want
Wizard61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2008   #5
No longer with us

FYI - I just used the audio module of Creator10 and dropped a bunch of MP3 files into the project. The results came out cda by default and the CD-Rs play fine on our truck audio system.
ezthinkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2008   #6
MyCE Senior Member

More ideas: Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 and The burning program from Koyotesoft-it is free and from the author of the free CD Ripper program. These are my primary programs for audio along with several pricier ones.
Old 26-11-2008   #7
No longer with us

I agree to go with the free software first to meet your needs. I just used Creator10 beause I already had it on the machine from some video work that I did awhile ago. It worked, and I'm not fussy having plenty of other stuff to do.
- Later
ezthinkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008   #8
MyCE Resident

The free Burrn comes with the best audio normalizing available, Replay Gain, and it's free open source.

Last edited by Arachne; 30-11-2008 at 20:32. Reason: Removed spammy quote ;)
MysticEyes is offline   Reply With Quote