Old 08-12-2007   #1
New on Forum

how to burn large size single file to dvd?

hi
anybody can help here...i have been trying to back up my data..i have single sized files of over 7GB in my laptop..i tried to burn it to dvd[9].. i tried cheetah dvd burner which i heard support[in udf] such file burning but my dvd drive got stuck 3 times n 3 dvds watsed as i couldnt finalize disc..it kind of stuck at 100% but dvd wont come out..any solution or which burner successfully burn these type of files....any help from anybody here
Aliyans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #2
Bob
Resident lunatic

Location: Looking for my zigzags ~ I come from the no place and i go to the no where
Re: how to burn large size single file to dvd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliyans View Post
hi
anybody can help here...i have been trying to back up my data..i have single sized files of over 7GB in my laptop..i tried to burn it to dvd[9].. i tried cheetah dvd burner which i heard support[in udf] such file burning but my dvd drive got stuck 3 times n 3 dvds watsed as i couldnt finalize disc..it kind of stuck at 100% but dvd wont come out..any solution or which burner successfully burn these type of files....any help from anybody here
Never used Cheetah. I use ImgBurn(free) + Verbatim +R DL discs. IB works great for setting a layer break (.mds file). Recently i've been using a Lite-On DH-20A4P for DL burns.

With IB use build mode and then write mode. Works for me.

Click HERE to join CDFreaks.com

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #3
New on Forum

hi
its not image i'm trying to burn actually... its mkv[x264] file...will it work on imageburn?
Old 08-12-2007   #4
Bob
Resident lunatic

Location: Looking for my zigzags ~ I come from the no place and i go to the no where

Quote:
hi
its not image i'm trying to burn actually... its mkv[x264] file...will it work on imageburn?
From Youtube or somewhere? I'm not sure but i don't think IB will work for that sorry.

IB makes .iso files to burn with.

Old 08-12-2007   #5
MyCE Resident

I also use IMGBurn for my DVD burns,however I've used CDBurnerXP to burn some x264 MP4's on CD discs,worked great for me...haven't tried burning to DVD disc though, but I'll have to try it......good luck!...

"I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that you're not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin
t0nee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #6
Bob
Resident lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0nee1 View Post
I also use IMGBurn for my DVD burns,however I've used CDBurnerXP to burn some x264 MP4's on CD discs,worked great for me...haven't tried burning to DVD disc though, but I'll have to try it......good luck!...
IB has some new features so DVD's might not be all the new version will do but i'm unsure about .mkv files. I don't have any to test. Someone can try it i guess see if the file will load.

Edit:
Where is LUK! when we need him

Old 08-12-2007   #7
Author of DVD Decrypter & ImgBurn

ImgBurn will never convert files like that, it's not something I have any interest in!

I'm sure DVDFlick or ConvertXtoDVD would do the trick if you want to turn it into a DVD Video disc.

That said, I'm not sure the OP want's to convert anything, just to burn the big file 'as-is' to a disc. If that's the case, yes ImgBurn will work fine. Just ensure the file system is set to 'UDF' in Build mode.
Any problems beyond that are down to drive/media issues.
Old 08-12-2007   #8
MyCE Resident

Yep, start build mode and burn it as DATA DL DVD.

Beisde the fact that this is nearly sure copyrighted material from a questionable source.

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #9
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chef_ View Post
Yep, start build mode and burn it as DATA DL DVD.

Beisde the fact that this is nearly sure copyrighted material from a questionable source.
hi
No its my own the HD camcorder files i just made into x264 format for compression to record into dvd..but thats the size i got without in 720p in x264 format....image burn dont do it cheetah stuck at 100% n never finalize n eject disc...i have to try nero which i dont have...i think nero data dvd in udf format may work...i thought somebody know better...?thanx guys
Old 09-12-2007   #10
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

What DVD media are you trying to burn onto? The brand would be good.

How to delete your upper and lower filters : How to check/enable DMA by Womble

Click here to join MyCE.com and be part of our friendly community!

Smile...people will wonder what you're up to
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #11
MyCE Resident

Quote:
hi
No its my own the HD camcorder files i just made into x264 format for compression to record into dvd..but thats the size i got without in 720p in x264 format....image burn dont do it cheetah stuck at 100% n never finalize n eject disc...i have to try nero which i dont have...i think nero data dvd in udf format may work...i thought somebody know better...?thanx guys
You wrote:
Quote:
hi
So, what is wrong and whats not now???
Use the original file *uncompressed* and then convert it into a VideoDVD compatible format, means mpeg2 720x576 max res for PAL, 25fps............

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote