Old 13-03-2008   #1
MyCE Senior Member

Help Please....my new computer is stuck in CMOS Setup Utility and I can't get out?

I was installing a new SATA HDD when I went into the CMOS to see if it was set right. Now I am frozen on the CMOS Setup Utility screen and I can't get out.....I've entered every key that gives me an option; like Esc, etc. nothing works......what can I do?

The yellow light on the computer is on "steady" as well..

Will I lose the BIOS if I shut it down while in CMOS? Help Please. Thank you.
burnselk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2008   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Help Please....my new computer is stuck in CMOS Setup Utility and I can't get out?

Reboot by pressing Ctrl,Alt,Del.... worst thing is ,you'll have to reset Bios to it's default setting....but stay back in case it blows..just kidding !

"I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that you're not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin
t0nee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2008   #3
MyCE Senior Member

Re: Help Please....my new computer is stuck in CMOS Setup Utility and I can't get out?

I did a reboot and got back on track without incident. The new install was a success.

Thanks for responding.
burnselk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2008   #4
MyCE Resident

reboot fixes almost everything except my wife every time I reboot her she gets mad.
samlar is offline   Reply With Quote