Old 11-11-2006   #1
New on Forum

Help: Burn Movie bigger of 4.7 GB on DVD?

I saved the movie from my video cam to the hard drive using movie maker and hi resolution format.
The dimension is over 10 GB, how can I compress the movie to fit to DVD?
Is there another way to save the movie from the video cam to fit to DVD format?
Can the created DVD be played over the standard DVD players or is limited to PC view?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Tom
rusmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Help: Burn Movie bigger of 4.7 GB on DVD?

You could use a Dual Layer Disc and only have to have a very small compression, or you could use a Single Layer disc and compress over 50%. Nero Recode, DVD Shrink, etc. will compress you your liking.

If you go the Dual Layer Route, use only Verbatim discs. No other brand has proven reliable enough to use for important recordings, and the price difference is negligible.

As long as you have it in the proper DVD format it should play on most standalone DVD players as well as your PC.
I love life...Yeah, I'm sad, but at the same time, I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like...It makes me feel alive, you know. It makes me feel human. The only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt something really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good. So I guess what I'm feeling is like a beautiful sadness.

Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.

The most important things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them-words shrink things that seemed limitless when in your head to no more than living size when they're brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller but for the want of an understanding ear. - Stephen King, intro to "The Body."
jhtalisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006   #3
CDFreaks Resident

Re: Help: Burn Movie bigger of 4.7 GB on DVD?

Why not split it into multiple pieces and burn them on DVD without quality loss.
Or when quality is not that important compress it 50% and burn it (doubt that the quality is good @ 50% compression)
Everything a wish for the night
Maelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote