Old 17-08-2009   #1
New on Forum

Error Message "no disk" on DVD player

Hello,
Don't know if I'm in the right place, BUT:

I have a Toshiba DVD Player that I bought a little over a year ago from Best Buy. Unfortunately I cannot find the warantee papers.

Anyway, one night I was playing movies just fine. The next, I would get a message going from "loading" as it usually did to "no disk" very quickly. I tried many disks, so something is going on with the DVD player.

I wrote on a few forums and got advice to first clean the "lens"? I bought a cleaning disk from Office Depot (a disk with little feathers on the back of it) to try that first. Problem with that is that it just gave me the same error message that it gave me for all the other disks - except for some reason it just says "no" as if it doesn't have room to complete the message.

I'd rather no buy another DVD Player if it's a simple problem like cleaning, but how can I determine that if I can't even clean it with the disk? Do you think Best Buy would at least test the DVD Player to determine what happened to it overnight?

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!!!
Trudijane
Trudijane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Error Message "no disk" on DVD player

Try original music cd's.
Old 17-08-2009   #3
MyCE Resident

Unless you paid for an extended warranty, I doubt BB will fix it or look at it for free..Anyhow they would most likely send it to the manufacturer ( Toshiba)...

@ Mr B, where does the OP mention anything about " original music cd's" or burned/copied CDs for that matter?...

@ OP, can you clarify?...

"I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that you're not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin
t0nee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009   #4
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0nee1 View Post
@ Mr B, where does the OP mention anything about " original music cd's" or burned/copied CDs for that matter?...
The reasons i suggest original and cd is because if even a pressed audio cd isn't read by the device, it's internal hardware is broken.

I couldn't care less if he watched the entire Jenna Jameson divx collection on it.
Old 17-08-2009   #5
MyCE Resident

Quote:
I couldn't care less if he watched the entire Jenna Jameson divx collection on it
Nor do I....

"I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that you're not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin
Old 17-08-2009   #6
New on Forum

Regular Music CD - same thing - no disk.
Old 18-08-2009   #7
MyCE Resident

Well then Mr. B's advice is solid (as always) and something to consider...

Old 18-08-2009   #8
New on Forum

OK, I took the DVD to the Geek Squad at Best Buy and bought a very inexpensive DVD (same one as before) since it's in the guest room and hardly used. Now I have a different question.

The Player now works and obviously loads and reads the disk, but after just hooking up a DVD to a simple TV (Toshiba), I can't figure out how to get the DVD to play on the TV. These days you change channels on the Remote TV, but what do I do to get this from TV mode (which is on channel 3, and channels are changed by my cable remote) to after loading the movie, for it to play on the TV? It must be a button on the TV or something simple but when I press play on the DVD player or remote, it continues with the TV program. There are buttons on the TV remote, ie. CD, DVD, and a few others, so I tried pressing DVD and then using the DVD remote, but same thing. Thanks.
Old 18-08-2009   #9
MyCE Resident

I might have missed it, TV model number?
beef barley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009   #10
MyCE Resident

Excuse my logic reasoning, but if it's the same player, then why should you set the tv again?

Depending on the tv and the scart (or other input) settings, your tv might not automatically switch. You should probably switch the tv channel to EXT1 or SCART or something.