Old 12-02-2005   #1
New on Forum

Dodge MiniVan DVD Player

My daughter has a Dodge Mini Van with the built in Over head DVD Player. I have tried to make backup's of her movies so when they travel they do not have to take the originals. I currently am using DVDXCOPY Platinum. The copied movies will play anywhere but her Minivan. I have tried +R, -R, RW's.

It will play the video but I get no audio on the backup's.

Any suggestions?
nfline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2005   #2
CD Freaks Die Hard

Re: Dodge MiniVan DVD Player

all i can think of is that the mini van player requires dvds to be of booktype dvd-rom. u could try bitseting the dvd backups to dvd-rom and see what happens. tehn again, if itz only an audio issue, it may be the audio streams that u r removing/keeping on the backups. have u tried keeping all english [or whatever language u like] audio ?
G)-(osters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2005   #3
New on Forum

I am doing a complete backup of the entire disk, omitting nothing.
nfline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2005   #4
MyCE Resident

I would use DVD Shrink instead of DVDXCOPY. You'll get better video quality if you take just the movie instead of the whole disc. Try scrolling though the audios, maybe it is set to the wrong one. What drive are you using?
Old 14-02-2005   #5
CD Freaks Member

I have a Dodge minivan, and have experienced similar. Most of the discs I backed up at first won't play. Sometimes glitchy video, no audio, sometimes nothing at all. I have had success with (don't know why) newer 8xspeed -r media. I have not figured out which and why, but it might also like to see the first play menu that original dvd's have, I need to experiment more, but for the most part I have not been able to leave only backups in the van, as most will still not play. I hope this helps, and if you find anything out that helps let me know as well. I use Shrink and Decrypter.
pacmac is offline   Reply With Quote