Old 30-06-2008   #1
New on Forum

copy dvd

Hello,
My mother passed away recently and we purchased a video dvd from the funeral home. After providing them the photos on a CD they charged an exorbitant amount and created a slideshow with music. We thought we would be able to copy the dvd to send to her siblings who were unable to come to the funeral but all attempts to do so have failed.
This are the folders on the dvd:
AUDIO_TS with nothing it it
ULEADDMF with DMF_ON_DISC.dwz
VIDEO_TS with VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS_IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_O_IFO, VTS_01_1_VOB

If I try to copy the files to my hard drive it is unable to copy the DMF_ON_DISC.dwz file. Is there any software that I can get for free or purchase that can allow me to copy this dvd? Any assistance you can give will be greatly appreciated.
beachlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008   #2
Wii Freak

Re: copy dvd

have you tried playing the copied files without having the DMF_ON_DISC file. if it wont play then id try using,

DVDFab HD Decrypter
http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

it comes with 30 day trial which will allow you to also burn to a dvd with one program. after the trial you can still use the free decrypter but will have to use other programs to burn.
troy512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008   #3
MyCE Die Hard

DvdFab Hd Decrypter

Dvd Shrink

Imgburn

All freeware! Happy burning.

...and shepards we shall be...

"I'm not me, i don't exist. There used to be a me, but i had it surgically removed."
7thSinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008   #4
MyCE Resident

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I doubt there is any special protection on this disc.
Try using ImgBurn in the Read mode to copy the disc in the form of an ISO file to your HDD.
Then using the same program in the Write mode burn to a good quality disc such as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.
Dialysis1 is offline   Reply With Quote